Menu
nobody
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Slow speed Area 30.

Since Thursday my internet has been running slow.

I was wondering if there are any known faults and when they will be fixed?

greyman
Superfast
Message 2 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speed Area 30.

I'm in that area code too and probably the only "fault" is that VM have signed on too many customers for the network infrastructure to handle.  As the review date isn't until May 17th, you will either need to be very patient or do what I'm doing and save regular speed tests and details of any interaction with VM support, which from my experience will only support your case with CISAS.

oh and you will also need to go through the VM complaints procedure, to satisfy the CISAS route.

btw, May 17th is just a review date, with absolutely no guarantee that a fix will result.

Good luck with the patience

Mancubus
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Me to, also just started my own thread.

I'm in Worksop and peak time service for me is around 2-3mb (on 200mb vivid package). I'll be recording a speedtest every night at the time for the next couple of weeks and will be raising a formal complaint. 

0 Kudos
Web-Junkie
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Same here in Area 30 NG17 but my slow speed started before Christmas, and my speedtest tonight Matthew is <20mbps on 150mbps connection.

Apparently the fault ref is: F004261508 with a review date later this month, whether that actually happens or gets pushed back the usual 2 months is anyones guess!

0 Kudos
greyman
Superfast
Message 5 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Then it would appear that they have either brought the date forward or that they have more than one ticket number per area code.  I am in code 30, NG19, but they have told me that the review date is 17th May 2017.

Communication is not overly strong with VM, which is more than a little worrying considering their business classification.

john86
Tuning in
Message 6 of 42
Flag for a moderator

same here for around 5 weeks now ng19 area paying for 200vivid getting 18mb download at best and that drops to 4mb. just been told on the phone they have a special team dealing with this and I will be compensated........ shouldn't  be selling 200mb if they cant supply it

0 Kudos
Mancubus
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Well I still have BT 76mb fibre to my premises as well as so I'll be logging a speedtest from both every night at the same time for the next 2 weeks and recording the results. Even better is that the speedtests will be performed on the same ethernet cable as the routers are next to each other and I just move the cable from one router to the other.

Happy to share results here daily if anyone is interested or if it adds an value to anything.

john86
Tuning in
Message 8 of 42
Flag for a moderator

so rang them up yesterday and they did something and made my download speed back up to 213mbps excellent. But today back down to solid 6mbps again. how is it they can work magic just by ringing them but it only last one day. oh on top of that upload was 12mbps....

0 Kudos
jwball
Tuning in
Message 9 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Out of interest what is BT like at peak times.?

0 Kudos
Chris666
Joining in
Message 10 of 42
Flag for a moderator

I would also like to know how bt fibre performs at peak times , looking at bt forums congestion work gets resolved in less then 2 weeks though from what i read.

0 Kudos