Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow internet for some days

Speeds below 5mb indicated using Broadband speedchecker, via wired link, not WiFi. Speed checker from VM website reports 100mb and no problems reported. Can’t use Zoom etc. Using mobile service to post this message. Got through to tech support after some time who tell me there is a problem but no indication of when it will be fixed.

What do I do get a decent service?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow internet for some days

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

If nothing is showing try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting the area. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Speed remains slow the 0800 number confirms there is a problem. Internet was unusable for a couple of days, now just slow.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Avsbiz,

Sorry to hear about your slow speeds on your broadband connection. I've had a look at your details using the information we have on here and can see that there is an SNR local fault in your area which may explain the issue. The ticket is F008349448 and the estimated fix time is 24/08 at 1800.

Please wait until this has passed and restart your Hub and let us know if you still have any problems so we can take another look at your network details.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos