cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow gig1

Nath88
Joining in

Got gig1 broadband last week from 500 and speed is now runnning slower than it was before speeds are between 200-450 max any help would be appreciated thanks 

12 REPLIES 12

Nath88
Joining in

Upgraded from 500 to gig1 last week and my download speeds were 450-520 on 500 now on gig1 hub 4 Ethernet download speed is 50meg and Wi-Fi speed is max 450 down to 200 any advice cheers

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Wired tests or wireless?  VM do not guarantee wifi speeds.  What does www.samknows.com/realspeed show ?

However, please post your power levels and network log from the Hub.

Setup a BQM to monitor your circuit,  www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment.  Thanks

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lordlinley
Joining in

So guys I went from 500 to 1gig fibre on Wednesday and speeds have dropped I’m getting roughly 117mbps wired and 400-470mbps wireless virgin techs are baffled I’m constantly having to reset router for them upload speed seems fine roughly 52mbps any other suggestions tried different ports on router tried different Ethernet cables I’m sure it’s not my end 

Hello Lordlinley

Thanks for your post 

I have checked a few things from here and can see we have a Technicians visit booked in 

Can you please let us know how this goes 

Gareth_L

Engineer came out today replaced hub4 and still no difference how can virgin get away with offering a 1gig service but not provide it????

Hi @Lordlinley,

I'm really sorry to hear that things haven't really improved for you following a technician visit and replacement router being provided.

Can you run a Speed Test and confirm what results you're currently getting on a wired connection?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Engineer came out yesterday swapped hub 4 for hub 5 and said there was a fault on the line now download speed of 850 on Wi-Fi upload of 50 so I’m happy with that 👍👍

Fantastic to hear this @Nath88! Thanks for letting us know. 

If you need any further assistance please don't hesitate to post again in the community forums. 

All the best,

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Louddog
Joining in

Hi I have upgraded to gig1 from 300 and I’m getting speeds from 100-300mbs wired and it’s pretty ridiculous this needs sorting out and is definitely not the speeds virgin promised.