Joants22
Joining in

Why is my broadband so slow, nothing works even when I reboot

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Firstly, have you checked for “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

• Turning it all off and using my phone data works a lot quicker

Thank you jbrennand I have done all of that, after 20 years the service has become a slow pace, and the customer service is no longer operational. First thing Monday morning I will discussing my terms of coming out of this contract and going elsewhere

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
OK - if you are in a contracted period still - there will be an early disconnection fee. If not, its just 30-days notice.

Or, if you want to troubleshoot why its "poor" post more details here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Joants22,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear your broadband is running slow.

Is this over a wired or wireless connection?

Can you confirm if you've tried a pin hole reset of the hub?

Have you been through any diagnostics via our service status page here

Alex_Rm