Menu
JohnTodd631
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow broadband still

Hi, for well over a year now my broadband speed has been worse than "dial up" have been told it's fine, nothing wrong a couple of times by engineer who has come out to take a look. For one hour early last month it was fantastic, then back to slow, slow and slower. Told things WILL be sorted by April 5th but the way things are going this isn't going to happen. Can you tell me, sorry give my a correct time/date this IS GOING to be put right. Failing that you are going to loose a customer. I live in DE24 9LU of Derby.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow broadband still

Hey JohnTodd631,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're experiencing, I know it's frustrating. I can see the fault in your area under ref: F004268130 which is due for review on the 6th Sept. While this is on-going you might notice your speeds are reduced, especially during peak time hours, we're upgrading the network to resolve this.

Please keep in touch with us for updates.

Thanks again for posting,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
JohnTodd631
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the info but why oh why am I being told different dates. First I am told all is OK and its my laptop. I buy a new laptop and it is worse. Then I am told you know about an issue and it will be sorted in a week or two. Told this time and time again until I am told "Should be sorted by April 5th" never told which year though. Now you tell me it's going to be September, but is it ?

Been with Virgin and its previous people since it came out in Derby. So talking at least 20 years and have always said how good it was. How wrong I can be as for the past year or so, since the upgrade, I have been paying out good money on a second rate service which comes and goes when it feels like. Only today whilst trying to order and pay for goods it has "gone off" four times. I am now retired and am now starting to think about dropping all three services I have with you and just use 4g on my phone but for the fact the signal here is little better than poor.

Regards

John Todd

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello again John,

Thanks for a quick reply Smiley Happy

I completely understand how frustrated you are, I would be to if I had been given conflicting info.

There might have been the odd short term fault which gets resolved within a week or so, but the main culprit of the slow speeds is the fault I told you about.

I know it doesn't help immediately, but if you keep in touch with us we will keep an eye on the fault ticket and provide progress updates.

Thanks again for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos