Menu
Tahnx
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow broadband speeds in Sheffield...

Hello,

I live in Sheffield, and I pay for 100mbps. Now, my router is downstairs and PC is upstairs. I use a powerline adapter, and the speeds are slow. I usually get 10mbps-30mbps, and even lower sometimes.

Anyone help?

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ty_S
Moderator (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow broadband speeds in Sheffield...

Hi Tahnx

Welcome to the community. I'm really sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing a slow broadband speed. I've had a look at your connection and can see no issues affecting your modem or the network segment.
Are you still experiencing these issues? If so are you testing via a wired or wireless connection? If it’s wireless can you please try a test over Ethernet and let us know if there is any improvement. 
Speak soon,
Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Highlighted
Tahnx
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

wifi is still slow

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Tahnx wrote:

Hello,

I live in Sheffield, and I pay for 100mbps. Now, my router is downstairs and PC is upstairs. I use a powerline adapter, and the speeds are slow. I usually get 10mbps-30mbps, and even lower sometimes.

Anyone help?

You will get lower speeds on powerline adapters.  You need to test it wired directly into the Hub with a Cat6a enabled gigabit enabled device.  Has your pc got a gigabit network card or is it just 10/100?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Tahnx wrote:

wifi is still slow

You said in the first post "connected by powerline adaptors" - so which is it ?  What Hub model do you have ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos