cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow broadband speed

Borisbear
Tuning in

Our broadband is running really slow, 18mbps when it should be about 100mbps. An engineer replaced our external box the other day and it seems slower since then. Any ideas? 

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Borisbear 

You should post your router stats here for the learned members to check what the problem is and offer assistance.

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return.

Don't login, instead below there click on Check Router Status

From the Router Status” page copy/paste 3 FULL sets of data onto here – from the Downstream, Upstream, & Network Logs pages. 

You could also set up a BQM monitor  at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you can post the link straight away.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Borisbear,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your current speeds. 

What speeds are you getting on a wired connection at the moment?

Have you tried to use different Ethernet cables to see if there is a difference in speeds?

Have you re-booted your Hub since the technician appointment? 

I was able to locate your account and I can see that your upstream power levels are out of spec at the moment.

Please give these suggestions a try and let us know how you get on. If your power levels do not change, we will look into this issue further for you and look at booking in another technician appointment,

Keep us updated.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs