Menu
deepagan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Slow broadband since Christmas 2018 BN15

Anyone out there in the BN15 area experiencing stupidly slow broadband. Since Christmas i have been getting as low as 1Mbps ( Ihave 100 connection supposedly). It wa always good until recently, an engineer came out, tested and gave me a new hub. It was ok on the day but most evenings now it is so bad i cannot stream any tv. Tonight is just the same, getting an average of 3Mbps. I have an engineer coming out soon again but i am not going to be paying for this much longer if it isn't sorted. Been a customer since NTL days and i am seriously looking at other options.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow broadband since Christmas 2018 BN15

Are you running the speedtests on wifi connected or ethernet cable connected devices? Are connections dropping out completely or is it just speed drops you are concerned about? What are your devices? What Hub model do you have? Any other "non VM equipment" in the network connection "loop"?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
deepagan
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Speed tests are on ethernet connection to my mac mini. There are no other routers or network devices. Wifi is of course much worse. The wifi drops a lot but i am more concerned about how bad the ethernet connection is, It means i cant watch any on demand tv or netflix. I have the hub 3, they installed it when they were called out last (its worse than the 2 for wifi IMO). Current speed is 5 Mbps. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello deepagan

Thanks for your post 

Sorry to hear about the speeds issues you are having 

This would need an engineer visit again 

If you would like me t take a look at things for you 

Please let me know 

Regards

Gareth_L

deepagan
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth. An engineer should be visiting Thursday evening. I really hope this can be sorted. Thanks for the offer of help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi deepagan

That's great news 

Let me know how you get on 

Gareth_L

Pepsi-Max
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank god for that. I'm in BN15 and have been experiencing the exact same speeds for at least a few weeks, I've known the whole time that it requires an engineer to fix but got nowhere calling support or posting here. Hopefully this should settle things for me as well.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) John_GS
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Please let me know how the visit goes. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
deepagan
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Give them a call, the more complaints the more likely they are to sort it. Last time they visited it suddenly worked for a few hours but I think that was because it was in the day. Hope you get it sorted too.

0 Kudos
deepagan
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I got in before the engineer arrived and tested... miracle i had over 100Mbit!. This happened last time i had an engineer out. Working in IT i can understand how frustrating this is for customers when issues magically fix themselves. I have to say the engineers are always friendly and professional. He did change the isolator, so hopefully this will improve the signal somewhat. Happy its all working at the moment but we will see how it is in a few days. Thanks for all the responses on here.

0 Kudos