Menu
Fiona-Win89
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow and Intermittent Wired Connection

I'm currently experiencing internet speeds on an ethernet connection of 13-15Mbps using the speedtest site reccommended by Virgin. I pay for 50MB Fibre Broadband, which comes with a guaranteed minimum internet speed of 27Mbps.

I've done a bit of digging and I've also noticed that on the coronavirus update page there's a note about free upgrades for those who are on a package under 100MB? So why am I experiencing such slow speeds?

"M100 Fibre Broadband speed upgrades

We’re giving over a million customers who currently pay for speeds under 100Mbps a free boost from superfast broadband to ultrafast M100 Fibre Broadband. We’re also boosting Oomph customers with M100 Fibre Broadband to M200 Fibre Broadband."

Thanks

Fiona

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow and Intermittent Wired Connection

Hi Fiona-Win89,

Sorry to see you are experiencing slow speeds.

Have you rebooted your router recently as any speed upgrades won't take effect until the hun has been rebooted.

There may be issues in your area. Have you checked the status page and run any tests? Virgin Media outage 

I know this sounds crazy, but I downloaded the Ooklah speed test to my computer and test via that, as the website test always seemed to give me incorrect readings.

Is it possible for you to run some tests and post the details here so we can have a look and see if we can pick up any issues and offer guidance?

Open a browser window and enter 192.168.0.1 don't log in, but click on Check Router Status

This will open up the status screen with 4 tabs along the top

Click on each tab in turn and copy paste everything in each tab.

It might be an idea to do a pinhole reset as well, and the guys would like to see a BQM which you can set up here BQM Monitor 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow and Intermittent Wired Connection

HI Fiona, I have checked the area for you and can see that there is an outage for intermittant service which is to be resolved on the 28th July. The reference number is F008243749  and we will be working hard to resolve this. ^Chris

0 Kudos