cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow after works on my street

nikka
Tuning in

Hi,

this week that has been works going on. Virgin Media made me aware of it and those works interrupt my connection every now and then.

The problem is that now works are finished and my connection is fleaky. I took a test with https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/speed-test and it was down to 7 Mbps in download. Then it goes up again but it is not stable... what to do?

Thanks

Nikka

13 REPLIES 13

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Nikka, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with your connection and speed. 

I have taken a look from our side and can confirm there are currently no outages and your Hub is running within specification with no errors. 

Can you please confirm if you are experiencing problems on both wired and wireless connections?

Thank you, 

Nat

Hi Nat, when it goes, it is ok both wired and wireless. When it's fleaky I am usually on the wireless and by the time I go wired it is ok, and then I go back wireless and it is still ok, so not sure what it is happening

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us nikka,

Just to clarify on this also, are you experiencing any dropouts with the connection?

From checking our service there doesn't seem to be any readings that would attribute to the problems faced. to tick a few things off has the box been rebooted too with the cables checked?

Let us know,

Kain

Thanks for replying, nothing has changed in my configuration, but I will reboot the router and see.

Thanks

From checking the connection and equipment everything appears to be within the levels and ranges we'd expect, there were some connection issues earlier in the week but over the last couple of days the speeds seem to have improved and the disconnections stopped.

Have you noticed an improvement since your last post nikka?

Rob

It seems better. Don't want to jinx it

Deerbolt
Tuning in

I have been having the same problem's over the last few day's to a week, after work's had been completed on my street everything seemed fine, then all of a sudden my speed dropped dramatically from what is was, I was regularly getting around 850-900+Mbps on my 1 Gig Fibre Broadband package, since the work's have finished my speed has gone down to an average 20.1Mbps.

I am connected via an Cat6 Ethernet Cable to my motherboards 2.5Gbps Ethernet port, even updated my Ethernet port driver's just to make sure it was not that causing any problem's.

Have done the Check Service Status and all I keep getting is this "Looks like there’s an intermittent signal issue in your area". Have tried all the usual fixes, turn of Router and power to the Router and wait, then turn it back on and nothing has changed, checked all cable's numerous time's and they are all connected securely.

Glad to hear things have improved 😄

You know where we are should you have any further issues @nikka.

We’ve also got a host of hints and help in our Virgin Media mobile app and our Help & Support area should you need it.

Have an amazing day!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Deerbolt,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post! It's great to have you here with us 🙂

I am sorry to hear you've been experiencing the same issues with your service. I can appreciate that must be frustrating.

I have been unable to locate your details on our systems so can not run any checks but how have things been since posting?

Are you still being advised of an intermittent area issue?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs