Menu
darrylshaw78
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Slow Wifi - Network upgrades (area 21 / W12/W14 London)

Afternoon all

Forgive me, but this is my first post... Area 21 / London W14/W12 - Infrastructure Upgrade....

I have been with Virgin Media for around 18-months, loved it, great speed no problems! Then we decided to renew, unfortunately unbeknown to us there was a major instructure upgrade in the area we live and since December 2016 the connection has been very patchy - we cant stream anything live (my wife has had enough of me screaming at frozen players on the pitch when I buy NowTV) and even watching a trailer on Youtube is problematic. Low levels of internet use are ok, but when I see the new advert (which I love) it makes me cry inside as I can not stream 5 minutes without it freezing, crashing etc. - is anyone else out there suffering? Having called twice I was told it wont be 100% until July at the earliest

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Wifi - Network upgrades (area 21 / W12/W14 London)

you said slow wireless. what about wired speeds? do you get the same problems wired
0 Kudos
darrylshaw78
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sadly yes - I hardwired the box to the TV and laptop on the recommendation of the Helpline but its still slow (crashes, pauses etc)

0 Kudos
Fens
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes there are quite a few of us in the same area also suffering, see this thread among others:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/High-Utilisation-Area-21-w12/m-p/3320490#M146598

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi darrylshaw78,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

Looking at your connection, there is an SNR (signal to noise ratio) fault reported which can cause an impact to your connection. The reference number is F005219582 and has a review date of 12th April.

I will check this nearer the date for further updates and let you know.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
darrylshaw78
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha,

Thank you for coming back to me,

Frustrating, yes, its is very frustrating to the point that I do not even try streaming live football, sport or movies in addition to trying my wife trying to connect with her family abroad via Skype which is now difficult, I would say that it is somewhat frustrating. Having had these issues since December and having spoken to a few Customer Service representatives who have informed me that the situation on the upgrade will not improve until at least June / July earliest, I would be keen to know what Virgin intends to do?

I love the new advert, but for me and many others by the sounds of it, the ultra fast broadband is a long way of, just broadband would be nice at times.

Kind regards

Darryl

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Morning Darryl,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The SNR fault that I mentioned has now been closed as resolved. Looking at your connection, the upstream power levels are too high and I would like to arrange an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please. Otherwise I was unable to find any issues on the network.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos