Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Slow WiFi Speed

Hi,

Due to COVID-19 I have to work from home and I recently upgraded to the M350 Fibre Broadband. I connect via Wi-Fi to my devices. Over the past 10 days I seem to experience slow connection during daytime (09:00 to 17:00), which causes me problems. On average my speed varies between 10 and 50 Mbps during these times. However; during off peak periods (evenings and weekends) I receive the full speed. 

Personally I don't understand what causes this issue, but I don't seem to receive value for money here. When purchased the new connection I was told that the speed wouldn't go under 180 Mbps at any time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow WiFi Speed

What do you get when wired?

Any speed guarantees or “promises” refer to the actual speed sent to the hub that could theoretically be achieved by a wired device.

Wireless forms no part of the speed guarantee. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The wired connection doesn't give different results for the same time of the day.

I have only experienced this issue over the last 10 days. When the upgrade was completed, the connection ran smoothly and as expected for the first 7 days and only the last 10 it doesn't. Nothing has changed on my end, so obviously there is an issue with the supply.

Even when I had the slowest connection (200Mbps), I was proudly saying how happy I am with Virgin's high speed and steady connection. Unfortunately this isn't the case anymore.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So what are your wired speeds?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No more than 80Mbps during daytime (09:00 to 16:00). The speed gets better after 16:00 and I receive 130-150Mbps and after that I get the maximum speed.

As I said before, I didn't have any issues before; this is only happening the last 10 days. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Thanasis

Thank you for raising this via the forum, the information provided and the times given this appears to be down to the current situation and that more people in your area may be working from home. 

This will result in slower speeds as more bandwidth is used and cause congestion. The fact that they increase later on in the day would also suggest this to be the case.

We appreciate it's frustrating and we appreciate your patience during this time.

Rob

0 Kudos