cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Upload speed - KT4 area

davestretch
On our wavelength

Hi - my download speed is consistent but the upload speed fluctuates wildly throughout the day and I am lucky if I get 10Mbps (often hovers around 5Mbps) when I should get 36Mbps on my package.

I get these speeds both via wired and Wi-Fi connections.

The only time I get the full upload speed is 1st thing in the morning and from 9am and onwards it varies greatly.  

I have a Hub4 - any suggestions on settings to check or should I just report this to Virgin for an engineer to check out?

22 REPLIES 22

You can - on 150. Or wait for Forum Staff to pick this up!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Thanks for your post and reaching out to the Community Forums, davestretch,

Sorry to hear that you have been having connections issues with your broadband. I've run some remote diagnostics on your connections, and it does indicate that you are currently being affected by a local area fault ref#F008611099 and we are working to get this sorted as quickly as possible. The current ETA fix time is 29 JUN 2021 12:00. Apologies again for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Corey C

hd3
On our wavelength

Not sure you are going to get a fast fix.

I'm in the KT4 area and have been waiting for the same fix before Feb 2021.

As you can see from this post the fix dates for F008611099 so far have been 26th Feb, 10th March, 24th March, April 6th, April 12th, April 27th, May 11th, May 25th, June 8th and June 22nd. 

I suffer the same problems as you with slow upload speeds during work hours.

davestretch
On our wavelength
I assume you've had no offer of a discounted price while this has been going on?

Unfortunately this is still ongoing, HD3, however the ETA does show a resolution time of 6PM today.

Thanks,

Corey C

hd3
On our wavelength

Hi @davestretch

I signed up to 12 months in January 2021.

Unfortunately as I understand it, there are no contractual or regulatory obligations that govern upload speeds, just download. It does need to change.

I have just rung the service status hotline and there is an outage in the area due to be resolved by 14:35.

hd3
On our wavelength

Did you get this issue resolved? June 29th has been and gone and my speeds are slightly improved on upload but still well short of expectation.

davestretch
On our wavelength

No - still slow on upload getting 3mbps up instead of the 36mbps I’m paying for. Appalling!

hd3
On our wavelength
My thread shows the fix date has been pushed to 13th July!

I'm around 6Mbps upload right now, should be 20Mbps.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry to hear this is ongoing for you davestretch - I've checked for an update this morning and unfortunately the estimated fix-time has been pushed back to 13 JUL 2021. 

Tom