cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Upload Speeds

imawookie
Joining in

Hi Guys,

I noticed that (whilst gaming) I'm getting really low upload speeds.

I did a SamKnows test and it says that I'm currently getting 5mbps to the router, which is pretty bad.

I am currently on a 1Gig Plan. My Router says my max is 55mbps.

I get this low speed on both wired and wireless connections. Anyway to bump this up?

imawookie_1-1649768261641.png

imawookie_0-1649768157787.png

14 REPLIES 14

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @imawookie

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue, how has your connection been over the weekend? Have you noticed any improvement?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis,

Seems to be more or less the same

imawookie_0-1650822469029.png

I restarted the router 2 days ago and obviously isn't a viable option. Can it be the router that is the problem?

This is one of my tabs and there seems to be a few errors

imawookie_2-1650822637848.png

imawookie_1-1650822567294.png

It's becoming increasingly obvious that I have issues especially when I am chatting over Discord using VOIP. 

What's the next step?

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Iamwookie, 

Thank you for your review, and I am sorry you are still having issues, I have tried to check your stats on our end and it advises your hub is unreachable. Can you ensure your hub is switched on and I can run further tests on our end to make sure all is okay?

Zoie

Hi Zoe,

I can assure you my Hub is always on.

We had an engineer come out today, he tested everything and said it was all fine (very nice chap)

I've been out this evening but come home and can see straight away that between 7:45 - 10:00 there is a higher latency and increased packet loss.

imawookie_0-1651011905992.png

This has happened every night for the past few days.

imawookie_1-1651011943662.png

imawookie_2-1651011980114.png

I have to go back to the 21st as the last time this didn't happen. Even when I had the original issue which was Slow Upload Speeds I didn't have this increase in latency. This is the graph on the 13th April

imawookie_3-1651012307148.png

As I was out this evening and nothing was connected to the router (except for Philips Hue) I can't see how this could be something inside my house causing this.

I will unplug what ethernet stuff I have connected but I can't see how that would makes a difference.

Any suggestions are welcomed, as I have mentioned before, is it possible that the hub isn't working as expected? Can I get a new hub sent to me to see if that alleviates the problem?

Hi imawookie,

It's disappointing to hear that the engineers visit did not sort out the hub issues, and the problems have returned shortly after the visit.

We can certainly ask an area field manager if a hub swap would be a possibility for you. I will pop you over a private message to take some details and we can go from there.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.