Menu
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Slow Speeds In The Evening.

Hello,

Can someone check my connection? In the day I get 220Mbps but when it gets to the evening it will drop to 60Mbps or lower.

My Broadband Ping - VM
0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ralph_R
Moderator (Retired)
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow Speeds In The Evening.

Hi Bestie,

Thanks for posting and apologies for the peak time slow speed issues, looks like this is down to high demand in the area.

Networks have scheduled upgrade work for later this month to improve capacity.

Please drop us a post in a week or two if you'd like an update.

Kind rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ralph,

Can I get the Fault number please? I did ask live chat support and they couldn't find anything so I couldn't apply for any loss of service credits.

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired)
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Bestie,

Although the demand is fairly high on your cable there it hasn't been breaking network thresholds, so no specific fault ticket has been raised for your cable segment.

The recent upgrade work has been completed on change ref. C00955511.

If the peak time issue continue please let us know and we'll check the thresholds with networks again.

Kind rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ralph,

The speeds haven't improved for me after the upgrade work Smiley Sad I'm on the 200Mbps package but was only getting 80Mbps - 90Mbps last night so there isn't much point in me paying for 200Mbps if no more work is going to be done I might as well downgrade to 100Mbps if the current package can't be provided.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Heather_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bestie, 

Thanks for keeping in touch Smiley Happy

Thing are not looking right from our end right now. I'm unable to communicate with your Hub as it's in a non contactable state. I think it's best if we send an engineer around to check this out, we can do this via online chat. 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather,

I have just spoken with the Live chat team who have said the hub is fine and its an area fault under the ref: F006743365.

Its due to be fixed this month and then I will get a loss of service credit is all of that correct?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Heather_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bestie, 

Sorry about that, are you accessing chat via the link in my last post? I'm in the office 12-8 and others will be here from 8 AM and we're signed into chat all day apart from our breaks. I'm online now Smiley Happy

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather,

I have tried the link in your post multiple times and I just get this error " Sorry, but either our team are currently busy helping other customers, or it’s outside our opening hours. Please try again between 8am-9pm Monday to Friday, 8am – 3pm at weekends. Thank you. "

I managed to get through on the contact us page and was told the fault is due to be fixed this month however from experience these are not fix dates but rather review dates. 

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired)
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry you've not been able to get through, we try to man the chat line from 8 till 8 though this isn't always possible sorry.

Checking your Hub, all looks to be in good shape so not sure an engineer will be able to help.

The recent fault on ref. F006743365 is in respect to peak time demand issues, with additional network upgrades to relieve this, currently estimated for April next year.

Apologies again for the trouble, we'll arrange for a credit to be applied to your account whilst the fault remains ongoing.

Kind Rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

0 Kudos