cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speed

alasdair003
Tuning in

Hi, I just moved into my new flat and got my internet up and running and the speeds are absolutely nowhere near what I'm paying for. I have the M350 package and I'm getting 94Mbps down and 37Mbps up when only 1 device is connected directly through the hub using an Ethernet cable. I was wondering what could be wrong and if I could get a reduced bill if this can't be fixed?

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Speeds just under the 100 is usually due to using an old ethernet cable that doesnt support higher speeds (Cat4/5) - or one that has failed. First swap it for a new one that does - Cat5e/6/7.

Also check that the network card hasnt defaulted to a 10/100 setting. Check its drivers are up to date and that it sets to connect to 1GB (when the new cable is connected).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi alasdair003,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums, I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with your speeds since moving into your new flat.

I've been able to locate your account and all is looking good from here. All specs are within normal parameters. Can you please provide further details about the equipment you've been using so we can help further? What is the device make and model that's wired into the hub, what is the type of ethernet cable you're using and is this the device you've been running speed tests from?

Thanks 🙂

Beth

Beth