cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Slow Quick Slow Slow Broadband

dancingchickens
On our wavelength

Hello,

Package is for 600 mbps, have two sets of three days worth on screenshots (seperate weeks) to show max is around 100 mbps, some as low as 45 mbps.

I also have the offical VM Broadband boosters, when I phoned up two weeks ago was advised having problems having them on my account, should be resolved within 24 hours. No change in speeds since then overall.

Help please !

20 REPLIES 20

Hi dancingchickens

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi dancingchickens

I have just sent you a private message with the Date we are coming out 

Gareth_L

Thank you for your help, much appreciated

Are you wired or wireless? I had to change a ton of network adapter settings when I moved over to virgin, I was capped on wired at 250mb. 

I'm wireless 

Hi dancingchickens, 

Thanks for sticking with the thread. 

I can see Gareth booked an engineer for you to come out and check things. 

Please pop back here and let us know how you get on. If you have any further issues after this, you know where we are. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I've had the new booster, made no real difference as far as I can see. The engineer installed a new broadband box which has, on occasions, took the speed into the 300's yet there are also many times it doesn't get to 100. The contract is the 600 and whilst I appreciate this won't be all of the time I am getting nowhere near the advertised claim on a consistent basis.  Having had my bill rise email I'd also be grateful  I've noticed an offer with BT which has a week left on it, it is four weeks notice I would have to give as I think my contract is up towards the end of Feb ? Thanks

Hi dancingchickens

I have replied to your other post by private message 

Can you please refrain from multiple posts 

It makes its easier to concentrate on one post 

Gareth_L

Hello,

I would do but I sent you a PM weeks ago, as evidenced below, which went unanswered, I allowed for the holidays/ covid then noticed you had been been posting online for a few days previously. I think I have been very patient on that basis and are disappointed with your last comment.

dancingchickens
3 weeks ago

Helli, I hope you had as good and safe Christmas as possible. I've had the new booster, made no real difference as far as I can see ...

Hello, don't seem to have received a reply to my last PM ? Appreciate it's been 

I hope you don't mind (!) the update on here, I did send a PM request on Thurs, appreciate mod has not been online after then as it stands.

I gave my disconnection notice last Monday (31/1) as the "offer" to stay was still nearly 50% more than what I am currently paying. This should bring a disconnection date of 2/3. Having not received any communciation (as advised would be sent to me by email) to confirm disconnection details I have just called to be told my disconnection date has been pushed back to 6/3 !!! The reasons given sounded like they were being read off a screen and did not answer why a customer giving 30 days notice is actually paying for 34. Therefore please could I be advised who I can complain to please to ensure the additional four days payment is not charged to me. My broadband speed is still nowhere near what I have been paying for and I would be grateful who this can be referred to as well please as I have paid for an advertised service not received.

Thank you