cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Slow Quick Slow Slow Broadband

dancingchickens
On our wavelength

Hello,

Package is for 600 mbps, have two sets of three days worth on screenshots (seperate weeks) to show max is around 100 mbps, some as low as 45 mbps.

I also have the offical VM Broadband boosters, when I phoned up two weeks ago was advised having problems having them on my account, should be resolved within 24 hours. No change in speeds since then overall.

Help please !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @dancingchickens

Thanks for posting. Sorry about the broadband speed issue. 

I've checked the systems today and there's no issues showing, no outages. Done a deeper check on the power levels and they are all showing as fine as well. There's also no congestion nor SNR (signal to noise ratio) issues. 

Can I ask, you say you're using the boosters, can I clarify, this is the boosters and not a Pod? 

Have you also managed to do a speedtest via a laptop/PC via Ethernet with only that device connected? 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

20 REPLIES 20

lotharmat
Community elder
What speed do you get using a cat6 ethernet cable straight from the hub?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't know to be honest, having phoned VM a couple of weeks ago they never mentioned this. When I had installation engineer said give it a couple of days , phone VM re getting the boosters put on my account and since then the broadband speed is as noted above and there is no change,

Should I have one of these cables spare or just take a cable out to put into my laptop ?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will need to get a Cat 6 or Cat 6a cable and test the speed when the laptop is directly wired into the Hub.  VM do not recognise wifi tests, as wifi is affected by so many factors.  They only guarantee speeds to the Hub.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yet they told me to take the Speed tests only ?!

I take it, with my limited experience, they will have a record of the speeds to my property etc ?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dancingchickens wrote:

Yet they told me to take the Speed tests only ?!

I take it, with my limited experience, they will have a record of the speeds to my property etc ?

No I don’t think so.  That is why you need a BQM to record the state of your incoming circuit. Set one up here www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @dancingchickens

Thanks for posting. Sorry about the broadband speed issue. 

I've checked the systems today and there's no issues showing, no outages. Done a deeper check on the power levels and they are all showing as fine as well. There's also no congestion nor SNR (signal to noise ratio) issues. 

Can I ask, you say you're using the boosters, can I clarify, this is the boosters and not a Pod? 

Have you also managed to do a speedtest via a laptop/PC via Ethernet with only that device connected? 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hello, thank you for your post. I am not even sure if my boosters are working as they have never changed the speed and in my last phone call to VM I was advised they weren't able to add them on to my account at that time.

I'm not sure I have the cable required (as per earlier in the thread) to do the test referred to

Thanks for your reply and update, dancingchickens,

Sorry to hear that you have been having connection issues. How has things been since your post?
I have run a remote diagnostic and have not been able to identify any issues with your connection. Just to confirm, is this occurring on a wifi signal only
You might try resetting the boosters. We can also provide online booster help here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-booster-troubleshooting
Let us know if you need any further help.

Cheers,
Corey C

Hi, as stated above I don't even know if my boosters are showing on my account and working as there has been no evidence of either despite earlier phone calls to VM.

I am not getting a fifth of my "up to" advertised broadband speed, nothing has changed.

Do I have to phone up to have an engineer come out to resolve this ?

Thank you