cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Since the entire network was opened to 1GB

TonyM
Fibre optic

Hmm since the entire network was opened up to 1Gb My Average is now down to around 650-700 The Same knows test average is now only around 550 on a good day with the wind at my back!

and those results are from a Hardwired PC

Oomph 1Gb + V 6 x 2 (360) + O2 Mobile is Pants
30 REPLIES 30

As of this Morning

Screenshot (13).pngScreenshot (14).pngScreenshot (15).png

Main Pc hardwired Cat 7 as witnessed by your Engineers 14/03/22 before and after new HH4 installed and obviously a new IP Address as a result

And this Morning

Come on Virgin What is the Utilisation Of My Acton UBR?

Screenshot (16).pngScreenshot (17).pngScreenshot (18).pngScreenshot (19).png

Screenshot (20).png

Hi TonyM, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

Looking at the network segment you're on, there is no congestion at all. In order for the networks team to even look at this, you'd need to be hitting over 10% for 80% of the time. As it stands there is a minor amount on one channel, which is 0.35% but all the rest is 0%. The highest you're hitting is just under 50%. 

Given that the speed to the hub is correct as well this also supports the fact that the issue isn't with the network segment. 

Did the engineer give any information on what could be causing the issues you're seeing? 

Let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

TonyM
What speeds were you getting before the expansion of the 1Gb rollout? I have just upgraded from V600 to 1Gb and didn't get the expected speeds, despite having to high end PCs with gigabit Ethernet. The most I was getting was 950Mbps, sometimes as low as 450Mbps. After an engineer visit, I have put a 2.5Gb Ethernet expansion card into one of my PCs to see if that made a difference - I now get this from Sam Knows - at the router 1136Mbps and at the PC 1142Mbps.Not sure whether this may help you - the card cost £23.31.

@Vulcan_Howl wrote:

TonyM
What speeds were you getting before the expansion of the 1Gb rollout? I have just upgraded from V600 to 1Gb and didn't get the expected speeds, despite having to high end PCs with gigabit Ethernet. The most I was getting was 950Mbps, sometimes as low as 450Mbps. After an engineer visit, I have put a 2.5Gb Ethernet expansion card into one of my PCs to see if that made a difference - I now get this from Sam Knows - at the router 1136Mbps and at the PC 1142Mbps.Not sure whether this may help you - the card cost £23.31.

The HUB 4 doesn't have a 2.5Gbps port, so no benefit in getting a 2.5Gbps adapter.

Funny How I mention Utilisation and nobody from Virgin replies!!

But 9 days later  my Speed is now back and has been for 3 days now!

to where it was until the Middle of February!!!

Screenshot (21).pngScreenshot (22).png

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @TonyM,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for coming back to us and for providing more examples of your ongoing speed issues!

I was able to run some further checks on our systems and I can see that your downstream power levels are currently showing some issues and are out of spec. In order to have this issue looked into, we will need to arrange for a technician appointment. I will send you a Private Message to have this arranged, so please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina_Z

Thank you for replying

As you can see from the results below I have had no Issues since  02/04  when once again the problem (Whatever it Was) has mysteriously resolved itself!!

I have had 1 Engineer visit the changed my Hub and that did make minor improvement from the 14/03 Whether or not there was an Utilisation issue I will never know! as nobody would tell me !!

But if you feel that I still need and engineer visit then Please PM me.!

But check out my results below they are back to where they where till Week 3 in February, and I am Happy bunny at the moment!

now oknow okSince Since 02/04 All OKSince Since 02/04 All OKUntil Feb 20the was all okUntil Feb 20the was all okNow okNow ok