cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Since the entire network was opened to 1GB

TonyM
Fibre optic

Hmm since the entire network was opened up to 1Gb My Average is now down to around 650-700 The Same knows test average is now only around 550 on a good day with the wind at my back!

and those results are from a Hardwired PC

Oomph 1Gb + V 6 x 2 (360) + O2 Mobile is Pants
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Tony, thank you for raising this to our attention!

Sorry to hear you are still having speed issues. 

All of the signals coming into your hub from the exchange look good - sadly it may be best to wait for a further update from the Network team, as they have access to different systems and information to provide further insight. 

Your speeds in the hub are also looking great - Averaging at 1146 download and 49.82 upload. 

If you can keep the thread updated we will be able to offer you further support as things develop - hopefully the network team respond ASAP. 

All the best. 

Molly

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

30 REPLIES 30

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What does www.samknows.com/realspeed show ?

Setup a BQM here www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

This will monitor and record the state of your circuit.   Also post the power levels and network log from the Hub.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @TonyM, thanks for your post although I'm sorry you're unhappy with your download speeds at the moment.

Based on the diagostics I've just ran, all the power levels to your Hub are within specifications and also no other faults, so there's no cause for concern at the moment.

Can you please set up a BQM as @Adduxi has suggested and report back here?

Can you also confirm if you've tried an alternative ethernet cable to see if this has helped at all?

Many thanks

Tom_W

My existing BQM id Fine and nothing UntowardScreenshot (2).pngScreenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

The high point are behind a VPN  otherwise it has been the same for over a Year

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Samknows is showing the full speed to your Hub.

What device are you testing with?  If a windows PC, you need a direct Cat 6a cable to the Hub and run windows in "safe mode with networking support"

VM do not guarantee any wifi speeds, only the speed direct to the Hub.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

As I said in my original post!

it is a Hard wired PC using a Cat 7 running Win11 on an AMD 2700X 16GB ram

and nobody as yet can explain the decrease since Virgin Completed the full upgrade of 1Gb to the entire network

In fact it was ok untilWas ok NOW LOOKWas ok NOW LOOKScreenshot (5).png the final opening that was the Watford and Garston area though why that should affect my UBR which is Alperton

And As to Safe mode with Networking Support !!

Why Now?

I have never had to preciously and Proven with the results above

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

1Gb capacity for all at the same time is not there for your area as in a bottleneck.

As for the realspeed test to the hub is a lie or truth depending on how you look at it maybe the test is over first hop Docsis and does not route from over the internet to hub where as the test to your device does which would explain why it show 1Gb.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Right! No issues With Home or router!

But only getting 550 on the Cable even at the cab!! so its either over Utilisation AGAIN!!!!!! or its network fault between My Cab and the UBR at Acton!

Maybe a Helpful Moderator could check for the utilisation ( Pretty Please )  whilst I now have to wait on the network Team!

Hi Tony, thank you for raising this to our attention!

Sorry to hear you are still having speed issues. 

All of the signals coming into your hub from the exchange look good - sadly it may be best to wait for a further update from the Network team, as they have access to different systems and information to provide further insight. 

Your speeds in the hub are also looking great - Averaging at 1146 download and 49.82 upload. 

If you can keep the thread updated we will be able to offer you further support as things develop - hopefully the network team respond ASAP. 

All the best. 

Molly