Menu
kevinmcknight
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow Internet speed on modem Mode

Hi all. I've seen this being posted a few times but it's my turn.

WiFi was up and down from 200mb to 20mb so bought a sperate router. Before installing I tested my speed on modem mode from hub 3.0 and was only getting about 70mb I am on the 200mb package. My wireless speed is about 50-60mb and much more stable than before on the hub 3.0 but still not happy with speeds I'm getting. 

Any help appreciated

Kev

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Internet speed on modem Mode

Connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.100.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as text not screenshots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.  Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Internet speed on modem Mode

@kevinmcknight wrote:

Hi all. I've seen this being posted a few times but it's my turn.

WiFi was up and down from 200mb to 20mb so bought a sperate router. Before installing I tested my speed on modem mode from hub 3.0 and was only getting about 70mb I am on the 200mb package. <snip>

How did you test in Modem mode, was it a laptop etc.  Did you use a know good Cat 6 cable?  70mb sounds like a 100mb nic connection, so did you check for 1gb connection on the cable?

0 Kudos