cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Gig 1 broadband...........again

Stumbler
Superfast

Having read scage 's trial and tribulations, whose patience and resilience I admire, it is with some trepidation that I make an almost identical post.

Since upgrading from M600, which gave me a reliable 660mb download, I upgraded to Giganet and a Hub4 and can now manage only 400+mb on a good day.

At the moment, I'm on my 3rd Hub4 and have had three engineers, all doing their best, but without success.

Samknows Real Speed Test shows the Hub receiving 1100/52. Even with a laptop, connected with a cat8 cable as the only device, I can barely obtain a 500mb download speed.

This does seem to be a bit of a regular theme here, so if any learned folks have any thoughts, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks

John

47 REPLIES 47

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Stumbler, 

Thank you for getting back to us and updating the thread. 

I have taken a look from our side and can see the ticket has now been closed as resolved. 

On checking the equipment from our side, I can see everything appears to be running with specification. With that being the case, how have things been since your last post to us? 

Thanks 

Nat

Nat,

There has been no real change at my end.

The last test showed:-

230mb download;
51mb upload;
Ping 12ms;
Jitter 3ms; and
loss 0.0%. 

So, no real change since upgrade. What concerns me is that Samknows Real Speed Test (Realspeed) shows the full speed hitting the router, but not leaving the router. This was tested on an isolated laptop as the only Ethernet connected device.

Prior to the upgrade, I was consistently receiving download speeds of approximately 660mb on M600. This seems to eliminate my rig and Deco Mesh network as the cause.

John

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Test speed to the hub in modem mode without a router.
---------------------------------------------------------------

@Legacy ,

BQM is as follows:-

BQM Live Graph 

I'm not sure what is required from the other link that you specified.........

John

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@Stumbler wrote:

@Legacy ,

BQM is as follows:-

BQM Live Graph 

I'm not sure what is required from the other link that you specified.........

John

Test speed with a PC to the hub in modem mode without a router.

@legacy1 

A Samknows Real Speed test was performed with a laptop, as the only device, directly cabled to the Hub. The laptop was tested in normal and safe mode with the Hub in Modem mode.

The Hub receives the full speed, 1000mb+, but the laptop only 250mb.

John

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@Stumbler wrote:

@legacy1 

A Samknows Real Speed test was performed with a laptop, as the only device, directly cabled to the Hub. The laptop was tested in normal and safe mode with the Hub in Modem mode.

The Hub receives the full speed, 1000mb+, but the laptop only 250mb.

You say modem mode and Samknows Real Speed test yet you can't only in router mode can you run Samknows Real Speed test.

@legacy1 , here's my third attempt to reply........

I tested again today. The laptop was the only device wired to the Hub.

Primarily, the hub was in Router mode, with all Wifi disabled. Samknows reported 1,100mb to the hub, yet only 250mb to the laptop.

Then, in Modem mode, Speedtest reported around 250mb again

John

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Well seems to be all VM can do for your area you might want to downgrade.

Thanks for your contribution, @legacy1 

I still don't get why the Hub is receiving 1,100mb, but it won't pass it on. Unless Samknows doesn't know!

John