Menu
CodeyH24
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow Ethernet speed on both direct and powerlines

Good day, I recently bought the TP-link pass through power line adapters to run Ethernet upset for my computer.

Up on plugging it in all correctly directly into the wall i ran a speed test on my computer and the max i got was 60-70Mbps when on wifi I normally get 180-190Mbps.

I then plugged my laptop directly into the back of our Superhub3 via a cat5 and also a cat6 cable and i get the same result. 60-70Mbps

I have tried speaking to the customer support on the phone but seems they know next to nothing.

I really need some help with this.

The only thing i can think it is, when I log into the router next to my computer it says Ethernet - 100Mbps????

Regards,
Codey Harding

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Ethernet speed on both direct and powerlines

Perhaps your laptop does not have a gigabit enabled network port and is limited to 100mbps?  Check in its system preferences or search for the make/model specs.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
CodeyH24
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Im 100% sure thats not the case as the router says 100mbps regardless what i plug into the router, it says 100mbps for my laptop, my mothers brand new delL laptop and my brothers gaming laptop. Aswell as when the passthrough is plugged into it.

Regards,
Codey

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Maybe I am being pedantic - but you said above you used a "Cat5" cable - did you really mean that ? In any case I would try a new Cat6a cable first.

EDIT:   Ooop sorry - you also said you have tested that

Have you tried all the ports on the Hub3 ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
CodeyH24
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have tried with Cat5, Cat5e, and cat6 I waiting for a Cat6c to turn up, and yes I have tried all 4 ports on my hub3

Regards,

Codey

0 Kudos