cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Broadband

DudleyBrooke
Joining in

I live in FY2 area, speeds are abysmal, about 90Mbps.  I use ethernet, so it becomes immediately apparent. Any known problems out there?    I am  bit fed up checking plugs and rebooting. In the 8 years, I have been with Virgin  I have never had a fault on my end, yet they have you running around like a headless chicken.

4 REPLIES 4

lotharmat
Community elder
Try the 0800 561 0061 number to check for faults - it is usually more up-to-date and granular than the web service!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

A common cause of ethernet connection at about 90Mb is that the device's ethernet is connecting at 100Mb instead of 1000Mb (1Gb).  This can be either due to a wrong driver setting in the device or a faulty ethernet cable. 

Try a different ethernet cable, and check the device's network settings.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello DudleyBrooke

Sorry to hear of the broadband speed issues experienced, it's not the level of service we aim to provide. We appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

From looking at your account and connection I can see there as some issues with your upstream power levels, these will require a technician visit. I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to look into this further.

It is also very handy advice offered by jpeg1 to ensure your set up is correct and allowing you to receive as fast a speeds as possible.

Looking forward to your reply.

Rob

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the details, I have booked in a technician for you to come take a look into this further. 

You can find the details of it here, if there are any issues with the appointment please let me know and I can look to reschedule it to a more convenient time. Please be aware this was the earliest appointment available and any changes would delay the visit.

Thanks

Rob