Menu
richie2104
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Slow Broadband Speeds

Afternoon All,

Recently changed to Virgin on the SuperFibre 50 plan. Initially speeds were excellent, getting around 50Mpbs most days. However, for last two/three months this has went down significantly. Where im only getting between 10 & 20Mbps....

Have checked all cables, done reset etc... but to no avail.

Just wondering if is anything else that can do to improve this? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Broadband Speeds

Hi there richie2104,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies for the slow broadband speeds you are experiencing.

I've run some tests on your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the traffic on the network is running low, which is good.

Were the speed tests you completed through a wired or wireless connection? If wireless can you try through wired please to see if the speeds differ?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
richie2104
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam,

Have tried both wired & wireless, but been very poor recently.

For example this month highest ive tested has been 12.75mbps.... Which is way off what got initially when took out the package. Also notice you now offer 100mbps as bottom broadband in area for new customers.

Could you confirm anything can be done to improve & option to get the 100mbps package at same cost?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hiya richie2104,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I appreciate the tests you have completed so far but the results are still the same.

When you get chance can you complete speed tests whilst the Hub is in modem mode please? This will eliminate other devices connected.

In regards to upgrading to the 100 Mbps broadband package, we are unable to see this information I'm afraid. You can call us on either 150 free from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 to discuss this further.

Speak to you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
richie2104
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam,

Have just tried speed test in modem mode & still only peaked at 32Mbps? Has been some time now with consistently low speeds.

Could you please confirm if anything can be done to achieve better speeds?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for updating the thread richie2104,

I've located your account and I'm unable to detect any fault either via the equipment levels or network segment at the moment.

How has the performance been for you since posting?

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
richie2104
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No progress really, as below is list of speed tests showing what have actually had.

Broadband Speeds.png

Is there any solution to this, as seems quite far off what paying for?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi richie2104,

Hope all is well. Thanks for getting back in touch.

I appreciate you posting the speed test results, however these were through wireless.

In regards to testing through modem mode, I was unable to find the IP address that would of been assigned when this was used. It is possible that you tried it however it might not of worked. Are you able to try this again for us please?

Speak soon

Sam

0 Kudos
richie2104
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

After calling helpline, my package got upgraded to 100mbps. Yet still as below getting nowhere near this whether it be wire or wireless... Please can you provide a solution for this, as this is frankly rediculous??

Understand at peak times may not reach these speeds, but have been with virgin 12 months now & these speeds are nowhere near what im paying for.... Copy of speed tests below for info.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello richie2104, 

Thanks for keeping in touch Smiley Happy

Can I please ask what speed test website you're using? Ideally we would like to see the results from speedtest.net

What device are you using to test?

Speak soon, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos