Menu
Sir_SaiCo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Slow 350Mb Broadband.

I can not achieve a download rate faster than 221mb on my 350mb connection, can anyone help me work out why please?

I am using a HUB2 wired into my PC.

The test result is very stable, i get virtually the same result every time i test the connection, day or night. 

MR-T
Up to speed
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow 350Mb Broadband.

Hi

Sir_SaiCo

i dont think you will get much more than 220 meg on your Hub 2, you need a Hub 3 on the M350 service.

Might be worth giving customer service a call.

Kind Regards,

MR-T.

Sir_SaiCo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I will brave CS and see how far I get...

0 Kudos
Sir_SaiCo
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well this is an interesting turn of events, the Virgin CSR admitted to me that my Hub 2 is not capable of supplying me the speed from a M350 connection, and I require a Hub 3.

He also said that I should have been sent a Hub 3 replacement when I upgraded to M350.

He arranged to have a Hub 3 sent to my home address asap.

When I asked him, as I've been paying for 350 but only receiving 200 for over a year and a half, due to virgins mistake, am I due some compensation,  he says "oh yes, I will make the hub 3 upgrade free!" To which I answered "Isnt that free anyway?" He replied "Oh yes, of course, but we cant give compensation..." 

Theres no point arguing with a CSR drone, is there any way I can persue this, or is it a waste of time? Just mark it down to incompetence?

MR-T
Up to speed
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Sir_SaiCo

glad you got their in the end, seems a bit naughty not to give you at the very least a suitable discount on your monthly bill, may be worth an letter to Virgin complaints dept.

I hope you get the M350 speed, mine seems to be getting worse.

Anyway all the best, and fingers crossed you get the full speed, with Virgin you never no 🤣

Kind Regards,

MR-T.

Sir_SaiCo
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well there's a surprise, the replacement Hub 3 that was to be 'Rushed' out to me so it would arrive on Monday did not arrive. I am shocked.
0 Kudos
MR-T
Up to speed
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Sir_SaiCo,

I am sorry to here your new Hub 3 has not turned up, if i was you i would phone customer service again and select you are thinking of leaving, that should get you threw to retentions.

Explain to them that you have been on a M350 package but only been getting 221 Mb/s due to Virgin not sending you the correct Hub 3 for your upgraded service, and that you were promised a new Hub3 arriving Monday, but its never arrived.

Hopefully they will be able to get a Hub 3 sent out ASAP, and you maybe able to get them to get you a monthly discount based on the fact you have over paid for a service you have not received.

Finger crossed. 😊

Kind Regards

MR-T.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sir_SaiCo,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for reaching out. I do apologise that you've been having trouble with your broadband speeds and receiving a new router.

I certainly would have expected this to be with you by now, although I'm afraid that I've been unable to locate your account using the information you've signed up with here. Could you please confirm whether you've now received your new equipment?

If so, is your connection now performing as expected?

If the answer to either of these questions is no, you're welcome to drop me a private message by hovering over my username and clicking "send message" so I can take a look into this for you.

Thanks,

Rachael

Sir_SaiCo
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the interest Rachael,

After getting a dreaded 'We missed you!' card through my door yesterday, 20 minutes before I got home from work (of course), I collected the replacement Hub 3 from the post office this evening.

Installing it was a breeze and after a brief update, my connection is now performing like a dream, averaging 375 Mb download and 38 Mb upload speeds.

I am impressed with the performance and so far there have been no WiFi dropouts that plagued my previous Hub 2. Fingers crossed this is now finally sorted.

Although I still have to argue my case with billing tomorrow about paying for a service for 18 months that i wasn't receiving... 

A huge thank you to MrT for the help.

0 Kudos