cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow 1GB speeds....Is it me?

Scc28
Tuning in

Hi all, hope someone can help? feeling a bit let down.

Upgraded to 1gb yesterday and from the off something didnt look right with my usual speed test results, i was expecting a drastic change when going from Superhub 2@200mb to 1gb on Superhub 4.

Followed the VM instructions to the Sams page and carried out the tests and the results are below, what are the next steps for resolving? i never had any issues with the 200mb it usually achieved 200+ results.

Thanks for any help in advance

speed1.PNG

speed2.PNGspeed3.PNG

16 REPLIES 16

Hi @Scc28 thanks for coming back to us.  

As pleased as I am with your improved speeds, I've still taken a look at your account from here.  I would like to send out a technician, so I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

I am having the EXACT same issues as you including that regards the Samknows speedtest - I also had moved from a 200Mbps to the 1Gb.

I had similar issues on M600 then ended up on 200 for a few days (no issues) then upgraded to 1Gb and bummer same again - Very disappointed!!!

They say all is well and are refusing to send someone out - The install was only recently and VM have already offered the 30 day OFCOM monitor!

What you've described is almost word for word what's going on with me including the Realsam readings although can't connect now as getting the "doing another test" stuff!!!

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/New-install-and-1-Gb-running-slow-slow-slow/m-p/4811298/h...

Hi @Scc28

Did you have any issues seeing the appointment?

Regards

Lee

Hey Lee, no issues at all,

Hopefully they can sort out tomorrow.

Thanks

Simon

thought id keep this thread updated, for everyone's info.

An engineer came out this morning and was incredibly helpful, didnt need to go in the house or anything.

he showed me a reading and explained it was out of spec by a long way, its the -15.5 one in the snip below.

Scc28_0-1630753732047.png

He explained what was wrong and remade all the ends on the cables outside, he then went to the Virgin distribution box which turns out is nearly 1000m away!

Anyway long and short the cable needs replacing to the house as theres to much signal drop so needs one with a bigger CSA to reduce the drop.

Guy arranged for another visit on the 13th for some other chaps to do that.

All in all, very good service from Virgin and at least i know what is what now!

Thanks to Lee for arranging the visit

Glad it seems to be being rectified! - Keep us posted on progress!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Thank you so much @Scc28 for the update and it is great to see things are looking up! 

Just as @lotharmat has advised please do keep us updated post appointment and should you need any assistance in the meantime please don't hesitate to ask. 

Thank you.