cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal coverage reduction

Keeleys2Q
Tuning in

We recently had a free upgrade from 100mbs to 136mbs however signal coverage in the house has reduced. Rooms we had coverage in we now don’t. This is really an issue working from home. 
any ideas how to reverse this or get wider covers again as we were quite happy with previous speed 

17 REPLIES 17

Thanks No Xmas lights no new devices. We live in a detached house so the idea of a neighbour issue sounds unlikely. Absolutely nothing changed in the house, no new devices, we simply experienced problems straight after the upgrade. Somehow our signal has changed as part of the upgrade. It seems far too coincidental to be anything else. 

Thanks for coming back to us @Keeleys2Q, and I'm sorry to hear of the Wi-Fi coverage issue.

Can you please confirm if since the upgrade you've performed a basic reboot on the hub?

If this has been attempted, perhaps perform a pin hole reset on the hub to see if this can help increase the range of the Wi-Fi signal.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hello David , yes both done a couple of times actually. No change - same instability in those rooms where signal previously worked satisfactorily. 

You are not alone!  I too have recently received a speed increase and likewise have found that the WiFi in some rooms that were previously at full strength no longer are!

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Keeleys2q.

Thank you for responding. Sorry to see you are still having the signal coverage issue.

I have looked at our systems and can see a potential issue.

I will be private messaging you.

Please look out for purple envelope. 

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Ok 

Did you get it sorted?

For no reason I know of as nothing has changed in the house (unless something changed outside the house) the coverage of the signal has improved and the drop outs lessened. An engineer is coming next week so maybe can check/explain