cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severe Packet Loss - just started 2 days ago

Mooogie
Tuning in

Happy New Year all,

My connection has started suffering from severe packet loss and continual drop-outs. I've captured a BQM over last day. Not good. See trace here:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/795a45f14fec36db2df2440da190646d359c5f60-09-01-2022

Mooogie_1-1641716817360.png

VM Supehub log also reporting numerous 84020200 Lost MDD Timouts. U/S and D/S signal levels all look within spec.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

The BQM looks like an amplifier fault (other causes also possible), and if that's the case chances are that VM are probably already aware and working on it.  You can try phoning in and seeing if there's a known fault, or check using the patchy on-line service status checks.  If you phone in and there's not a known fault you can report it (but only after you get past the diabolical chatbots and crummy phone system menus).  If you can, try phoning now as the phone lines should be least busy. 

situation deteriorating...

Mooogie_0-1641736885988.png

phoning for help has been non productive, difficult to get a real person. Hoping VM customer service sees this post and can file a support ticket

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as some small area faults are not listed on the VM status pages.

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Mooogie,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry that your service is being affected.

I located your account using your forums details, I can not see an outage in your area. I can see you have a work order open on the account, can you let me know how this goes?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi @Hayley_S

Problem now resolved. Engineer installed new router. Suspected my old SuperHub 2 had a fault or not up to the job since network updates were made and speed increases.

Trace is now clear of packet loss and drop outs.

Mooogie_0-1642103192531.png

thanks for your help.

And... the problem has come back this morning, severe packet loss and long periods of outage....

Mooogie_0-1642328626259.png

Hi Mooogie

Thanks for your update 

That's looking so much better now 

Gareth_L

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mooogie,

Thanks for replying and welcome back to the community.

I can see on Sunday you experienced quite a bad service.

However since there's been no report of packet loss on SamKnows, with today's readings currently being in spec.

Has the service improved since you posted this?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kain