cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sanity check on provisioned speed tier.

ianmcf
Tuning in

Hi My internet speed has dropped from 200mbs to around 100 Mbs, i use the Superhub 2 in modem mode and have  the following provisioned. Is this correct for my paid tier (200M) it appears not, but i would appreciate a sanity check please. If I'm correct could anyone tell me how to raise a fault ticket as the automated website reports no fault found. the fault has existed for a few days now.

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID113730
Max Traffic Rate117000047 bps
Max Traffic Burst42600 bytes
Min Traffic Rate0 bps

ianmcf_0-1649001899793.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

thats certainly 100 - what does it say on your account on My Virgin Media

trying to get CS to understand that could be interesting s wait for VM to get to the thread they should be able to sort it

worth trying a full reset - hold the button a good 30 sec - see if that sorts it

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

thats certainly 100 - what does it say on your account on My Virgin Media

trying to get CS to understand that could be interesting s wait for VM to get to the thread they should be able to sort it

worth trying a full reset - hold the button a good 30 sec - see if that sorts it

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks Tony, I'm unable to log in at the moment to check (400-bad request) but my account listed M200 yesterday so hopefully someone should be able to take a look and correct the config. Thanks for the quick reply. 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

you can do a reset without logging in - just press the reset button on the back of the hub with a paperclip or similar - it will put it back into router mode so you will have to re select modem mode

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi,

this still is not solved, any Idea how get an admin to take an interest, definitely being charged for m200, definitely only getting 100. It seems that if i mark an answer helpful, the system misinterprets it as solved.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A VM person will respond here in a day or two.

In the meantime call it in this way.

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Follow options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” and say you want to cancel if they cant supply you the speeds you are paying for.

Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly to the UK based "retentions team"

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks John, tried ringing but they hung up / went silent on me  after half an hour.

Just as another sanity check, this is m200?

ianmcf_0-1649269517811.png

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Yep similar to me - I am on Vivid200 and get ~220 Mbps

Call early in the morning. As retentions are UK based.. I suspect they knock off early and the phones then divert to the offshore lot who often just cut the calls off !

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks, It transpired i was put on new tariff when my phone was cut off due to the V21(?) changeover. compounded by the billing system not being fully updated. I'd been dropped to a lower service with no phone and 100M broadband and a different TV package. Strangely, my virginmedia still had me on the M200 contract. and billing tier.

Its all been sorted with a new deal that gives up the phone, gives me back my internet and slightly ups the TV offering for a slightly lower price, so alls well.

Big Thanks to Tony and John, Knowing what numbers  to press. Got it sorted in only one hand over in just over an hour on the phone. The staff i spoke to were most helpful, the first was a bit confused as the two systems were showing different information. Alls well that ends well.