cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samknows/realspeed claims by router is not supported?

Morrile
Up to speed

Sam doesn't know.png

Can someone please explain? As I am not running a VPN and is it in Router Mode. Seems I cannot upgrade and lost my 1GB connection yet VM still charges me the same price? Ookla claim uploads are the same but downloads are now a quarter of what I had.

Ookla knows.png

7 REPLIES 7

OliDude
Joining in

Sam knows is saying the samw for me today aswel

Ive also had Virgin out as my 1gb line has dropped to 300 mbs since having it twice

Both times has been a simple fic by the engineer its the cable between the box and the router that fails

Engineer has told me its because of eleactrical storms not convinced thats true but yeah thats the part that fails

Once swapped out straight upto full speed again

Teleste ASH-GISX101-VM01

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284529052283

also engineer stated most customers arent aware of sam knows real speed so most customers dont complain when low speed..

so basically call  virgin media wait to get escalated then arrange engineer when engineer comes tell hime to change ^^ if that fixes the issue ask engineer to leave you some spares 😛

We did see a lot of lightening last week, so feasible it could be the cause yet never had that problem in the past. Perhaps Climate change has changed the type of lightening 🤣😂🤣

This has been resolved and I can see my speed via samknows.com

danbayliss
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

If this happens again try rebooting your hub and waiting one hour. This should resolve it

Dan Bayliss
Virgin Media

I had tried that and didn't work

Same problem different cause here - no lightening problems but lost access to sam knows test after the recent network update (adding the extra uplink 3.1 stream).

Fix at this end was to switch the hub off for five minutes and once it rebooted and sorted itself out normality was restored ..

--

RayW2

Hi @Morrile and @RayW2 thanks for your posts here in the Community although I'm sorry you were both impacted by not being able to use SamKnows.

Despite this, I'm really pleased to hear this is now resolved for you - please don't hesitate to let us know if you need any further help!

Many thanks

Tom_W