cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same speeds days after upgrading

AlanPearce27
Tuning in

Good evening, I’ve recently upgraded from 200mb to 500mb and have so far seen no changes in speed, I’ve tried hub restarts etc and nothing changes, when I’ve checked the downstream etc on router hub it’s a big number starting with 2, looking at other posts it seems my upgrade hasn’t been applied yet or correctly? 

I’ve had a few emails confirming that it’s all activated and ready to go, even a email telling me how much my bill will be going forward and how much extra I’ll pay due to the speed increase in part way through the month. 

seems a bit cheeky when I haven’t even seen the increase yet but we’ve made sure to charge me for it! 

can anyone advise best way to get this sorted without spending hours on the phone? 

thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4

monkmad
Tuning in

How strange, I've upgraded to Gig connection and setup router on Thursday and am still waiting to go from my old 200Mb to 1Gb. Currently, and strangely, the speed hovers between 300-450Mb 🤔

I’ve just Checked mine again this morning and the router status is now much higher and I’m getting around 400-420 on my iPhone, seems mine has updated overnight! (Still a bit cheeky they charge you for a good few days before it takes effect though!) 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check the conf settings on the Hub. It will show what speed has been provisioned.
It's Configuration tab - Primary Downstream Service Flow - Max Traffic Rate

Note VM do not guarantee wifi speeds.  All speed tests need to be wired direct to the Hub with a Cat 6a cable.  VM prefer the test at www.samknows.com/realspeed      This site only work when the Hub is in router mode, not modem mode.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@monkmad wrote:

How strange, I've upgraded to Gig connection and setup router on Thursday and am still waiting to go from my old 200Mb to 1Gb. Currently, and strangely, the speed hovers between 300-450Mb 🤔

Check the conf settings on the Hub. It will show what speed has been provisioned.
It's Configuration tab - Primary Downstream Service Flow - Max Traffic Rate.

If it's a VOLT upgrade, it will take up to 14 days to put through.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks