cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same speed

Sirog1967
Tuning in

Have upgraded from 250 to 350 but the WiFi speed is the same as before. Previously was getting 255 on WiFi in most places of my house. The upgrade has gone through and I have restarted my hub 4 but speed is the same. Even testing it near the hub it is 255.

10 REPLIES 10

Client62
Hero

Whenever we have a service speed change the Hub needs a restart for the new speed to become effective.

Try this link to show the service speed to the Hub and then to see the speed capabilities of the WiFi device. 

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Screenshot_20230211_094601_Samsung Internet.jpg

Why do folk here keep suggesting Samknows when it is such an unreliable site !?. Some days it works, others it doesn't (then interestingly points you to apply for one of their 'whiteboxs' !!)

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Because VM have SamKnows code in the hub firmware. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

The message from Samknows Realspeed suggests that your device does not appear to be on the Virgin network.

Is that an iPhone or similar that has Apple Private Relay / Private Browsing / IP Hiding enabled, these are all VPN products that prevent the test working and give false results for any type of speed test.

Spoiler
Lol of course it's on Virgin, hub4. The Samknows check works some days, doesn't the next (both wired and over wifi)....

How odd.

Using an HP Workstation cabled to a Hub 3, Samknows Realspeed works exceedingly reliably.

Sirog1967
Tuning in

Tried the Sam Knows and 383 into hub. 250 over WiFi right next to hub. Same over WiFi as when on 250 package 

@Sirog1967 wrote:

Tried the Sam Knows and 383 into hub. 250 over WiFi right next to hub. Same over WiFi as when on 250 package 

It's your devices limitation then, not your subscription to VM.

You can sign into the HUB on 192.168.0.1 and navigate to the 'Connected Devices' section to see what speed each device is connected to the HUB.

2/3 to 3/4 of this connected speed, roughly, equates to the expected download speed.

As an example my Samsung mobile connects at 433Mbps in the same room as the HUB, and can download at around 250 - 300Mbps.

It is indeed my phone which isn't fast enough, my daughter came round tonight and her iPhone 13 pro max was showing 380 In the next room, 

Thank you for the explanations

Happy now