cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sam knows hub 4 no router found

bitsandpcs
Fibre optic

This used to work great but over the past few days https://samknows.com/realspeed/ has stopped detecting my Hub4, no setting have been changed on it for ages.

8 REPLIES 8

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Maybe the way realspeed works is not that real?
---------------------------------------------------------------

danbayliss
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

Hi
Sorry to hear it's not working. Can you confirm your hub is not in modem only mode and you aren't using a VPN or iCloud Private Relay?

Have you also tried rebooting the hub?

Dan Bayliss
Virgin Media

Hub is in router mode as i have got a few VM pods, Router settings standard apart from SSD name. No VPN or iCloud Private Relay. I'll try a restart and get back.

Rebooted but same issue

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a factory reset on the Hub.  You will have to set your custom SSID again afterwards.

Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tried it late last night and the site found the router again and again this morning, very strange as nothing had change and support on samknows said nothing on there site had changed.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bitsandpcs wrote:

Tried it late last night and the site found the router again and again this morning, very strange as nothing had change and support on samknows said nothing on there site had changed.

I suspect the Hub 3 just had a "brain fade" ......   😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @bitsandpcs

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community 🙂

From the thread it looks like this is now resolved for you.

If you do have any further issues please do pop back to us here and ourselves and the community will do all we can to help 🙂

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide