cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sam knows hub 4 no router found

Woken
Tuning in

Hi

Had 1G install today along with new hub 4. Sam knows doesn't recognize the router. I've searched the forum for similar posts before and I can see some peeps had it resolved by changing the HUB from modem to router mode, but I'm already running it in router mode as default. Also have read that there can't be any fancy DNS settings, which I don't have. I tried from couple of PCs (and different browsers just in case) and no joy. On mobile devices if I go to browser based Sam Knows test its the same story as on PC, but when I install the app on my mobile, it works but reads only just 300mbps.

Is there anything else I can check?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You could try a full 60 second pin hole reset on the Hub.  This will reset everything back to factory settings, so make sure the passwords on the bottom on the Hub are legible.  Do not reboot after the reset, just let the Hub do it's thing.  Once it has settled down, try Sam Knows again.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You could try a full 60 second pin hole reset on the Hub.  This will reset everything back to factory settings, so make sure the passwords on the bottom on the Hub are legible.  Do not reboot after the reset, just let the Hub do it's thing.  Once it has settled down, try Sam Knows again.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, I will try that!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are you trying at.....

https://speedtest.samknows.com/

What happens when you go there?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Same result as on mobile app, 260mbps.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tested on an ethernet cable connected computer/laptop as well as on wifi?

What specs are the wifi devices? Are they capable of connecting on higher speeds. My new MacBooks and iPhones are all capable of wifi6 speeds but older ones aren't wifi6 compatible

Also, i'm not 100^% sure but I dont think the Hub4 is wifi6 capable either - so if not then over wifi - the speeds will always be attenuated. You will only get full speeds on an ethernet cable connection or if you invest in a wifi6 Router or WAP for wifi devices.

Happy to be corrected

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi

And as it often is with these things, it automagically start working after I tried again in the evening. Going to https://samknows.com/realspeed/ on my PC connected via WiFi now test see my HUB 4...🤔

Thanks all for your replies.

Hi -- could anyone help me?  I have done several resets but still can't connect to samknows.com/realspeed on my newly installed Hub4

Have you registered at their website? My wasn't working the day it was installed but next day it automagically started working ever since. 

thanks -- do you mean the SamKnows website? I am registered on the Virgin website (I hope!)