cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sam Knows - Real Speed

yelrats
Tuning in

I have volt 1 Gig tested speed on SamKnows RealSpeed - Router 1145  Mbps - Device 555   Mbps, but if I test on Speedtest.net I'm Getting  (950 Mbps DL)      (53 Mbps UL) 

anyone Know Why it's slower on Samknows.

thanks 

16 REPLIES 16

thanks for the updated information 

yes I have hub 5 and it is connected to 2.5 gb my adapter is Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller 

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5520 @ 2.27GHz

anyways I have all the information I require thanks to all who Contributed to help me no further help needed.

regards to all.

Yep that'll be the issue - that's a very old CPU with low single thread performance. Easily clogged by a sub-optimal web page.

"yes I have hub 5 and it is connected to 2.5 gb my adapter is Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller"

There's no chance of getting 1gig speeds through a 1gig Internet socket on a pc. Even though claimed to be 1gig it is difficult to get over 800/900Mb/s through this connection. I use the hub5's 2.5Gb socket to my 2.5Gb PC socket achieving up to 1156Gb/s on a good day.

yeah my computers a old Dell T3500 it doesn't have a 2.5 socket maybe if I get a few quid I'll upgrade
lol 😂 i wish, anyway it was getting a consistent 950 Mbps DL 53 Up until today i can only hit in the 800 range servers seem a bit slower ping shows higher guess that will sort out later.
thank for your post.
regards

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Speed tests be speed tests but where your really downloading from to make use of the speed is what matters.

---------------------------------------------------------------

reason I was not seeing high speeds was the adapter', I installed a 2.5 Gb card and everything's  fine now seeing speed on Sam knows Real Speed hitting  well over 1130 Mbps  

Web capture_13-9-2023_205249_samknows.com.jpeg