cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUPER HUB 5 2022

waqyboy
Tuning in

Anyone had any luck claiming a hub5 in 2022 yet? I know it has bugs but im going to use it in modem mode and connect it to my tp link ax-11000 to get the max speed out of my gig1. Also i know its invite only, but i may have deleted my invite accidentally from my mail box. Anyone from virgin team help?

55 REPLIES 55

Showing on the order page for my friend's address

https://ibb.co/cvRbGhs

Also showing average download speed top level - maybe due to the 2.5G port? 

@happywithmy350 wrote:

Showing on the order page for my friend's address

https://ibb.co/cvRbGhs

Also showing average download speed top level - maybe due to the 2.5G port? 

It's actually provisioned a bit higher than what they quote. They've always mentioned that figure though even when just the HUB4 was out because it shared bandwidth TO their router from the coax coming in. No single device can get 940mbps+ on HUB4 (not easily anyway!!), but on the HUB5, WiFi AX devices could get that speed and the ethernet devices would be around 940mbps max (1GB ports) unless the 2.5gbps ethernet port was used.

People who have their own router usually have to use that 2.5gbps ethernet port for modem mode as it becomes WAN connection to their own router. If you then have something like an Asus GT-AXE16000 £589 as your router (supported by Merlin's firmware), you can use the 10gbps ethernet ports to connect out to a switch that has more ethernet 2.5gbps/10gbps ports on it so your devices that have 2.5gbps or 10gbps ports can utlise the speed. Those switches are not cheap, but depends on how many ports you need. Zyxel (cheapest), Dlink and QNAP have such switches available.

I've got an Asus XT8 connected to the 2.5 gig wan port both ways. Getting about 1100 plus.. 

Hub 5 Modem Mode, Asus XT8
My Broadband Ping - Gig1 Modem Mode

rmccvm
Tuning in

Hub 5 installed, updated and modem mode enabled. Asus GT-AX6000 handling the rest.

221Mb/s gained by moving to Hub5.

Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 12.59.48.png

Have to agree getting good speed via the Hub 5 on modem mode with the ROG Rapture GT-AX6000

Screenshot 2022-11-03 164203.jpg

Screenshot 2022-11-03 162925.jpgScreenshot 2022-11-03 163448.jpg

I've had no luck getting an hub5 I wouldn't mind the extra I've been paying for.

Tried several times now via phone the link that was shared on here that I actually filled in and booked a date for the hubs arrival which is tomorrow, though I have had no confirmation at all and support can't see it on my account either.

Looks like its another long wait for it, I only have 8 months length on my contract and if virgin don't upgrade the upload speed on the 1gb package in that time I'm gone anyway. I have been with this company from the beginning waited and waited for faster upload speeds but nothing so it's time for a change.