cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUPER HUB 5 2022

waqyboy
Tuning in

Anyone had any luck claiming a hub5 in 2022 yet? I know it has bugs but im going to use it in modem mode and connect it to my tp link ax-11000 to get the max speed out of my gig1. Also i know its invite only, but i may have deleted my invite accidentally from my mail box. Anyone from virgin team help?

55 REPLIES 55

The link is dead because somebody posted it on HotUKDeals resulting in an avalanche of advertising for it which VM could, understandably, not cope given recent stock supply chain issues.

These were people from slower tiers applying for it and not 1gbps only customers that actually benefit from the 2.5gbps capable WAN port speed because their speed tier is provisioned way over 1gbps.

So the person who posted it there on HotUKDeals, closed the door effectively...

Dream-RJ
On our wavelength
Damn that sucks 😞

VM just need to make it available more easily. IT is just so stupid......

cossie
On our wavelength
I applied via the hotukdeals link the other day.

It gave me a delivery date of 3rd November.

However I didn't get any email and nothing showed on my account, so after 48 hours (today), I gave them a call.

Told them I processed it online, but nothing showing on my account, they checked and said nothing showing on the system, went away came back, asked if I had an order confirmation number, which I didn't, they went away again and came back and said there must have been an issue with the online order processing, so processed it for me there and then, now the Hub 5 is being delivered Tuesday, and also shows as an order on my account now.

So might be worth others giving CS a call.

Dream-RJ
On our wavelength
Glad u managed to get one too 🙂

I was lucky getting one as a new customer, but I am surprised how desperate some people seem to want this extra .1 gig, gigabit is crazy fast, and an extra 10% isnt really needed.

The reason i am happy as the hub 4 looks very bulky and to not have the puma chipset problems, I wont be bothering bonding ports or using a 2.5gbps lan.

You actually look to gain about 200Mb/s from using the 2.5GbE port. Seems like a shame to leave that on the shelf to me, especially when I’m paying for it!

@rmccvm wrote:

You actually look to gain about 200Mb/s from using the 2.5GbE port. Seems like a shame to leave that on the shelf to me, especially when I’m paying for it!

You've probably got several devices connecting to the Internet at the same time so you aren't, potentially, leaving anything on the shelf.

I run a 3rd party router so my max throughput is 940Mb/s. I got bandwidth on shelf. 

@rmccvm wrote:

I run a 3rd party router so my max throughput is 940Mb/s. I got bandwidth on shelf. 

Fair enough.

I run a router in AP mode with the HUB in router mode and wireless disabled to get around this.

Dazz285
On our wavelength
Exactly the same happened to me.. Total **bleep** up from VM..