cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUPER HUB 5 2022

waqyboy
Tuning in

Anyone had any luck claiming a hub5 in 2022 yet? I know it has bugs but im going to use it in modem mode and connect it to my tp link ax-11000 to get the max speed out of my gig1. Also i know its invite only, but i may have deleted my invite accidentally from my mail box. Anyone from virgin team help?

55 REPLIES 55

so Virgin Media still claim it is in trial and the majority of agents say we cannot offer this for various reasons such as it's not giving us the option or we don't have any stock et cetera et cetera. After being on the phone with around 50 agents since its launch in October I finally managed to get one for self install coming this Friday I am on the gig one fibre package and I didn't pay anything to upgrade from my hub four so if you manage to get a nice agent they might be able to sort it.

If I Have Tried To Help You Hope It Helps:
I am fairly knowledgeable about technology in general and will try to help you to the best of my ability.

Sky (Glass) World Customer (TV), Virgin Media Fibre Optic Gig1; Virgin Media Phone Package

Want To Contact Virgin Media's UK Call Centre?
Here's How:
STEP 1: Dial 150 (Virgin Landline) or 0345 454 1111 (Non Virgin Phone)
STEP 2: Option 1 for TV, Broadband or Home Phone

STEP 3: If The Number You Are Calling From Belongs To Your Virgin Media Account Select Option 1 If Not 2 (then enter the Virgin Media Home Number or press # then tap in Virgin Media Account Number
STEP 4: Select Option 4 - To Make Changes To Your Package Or Tell Us You Are Moving
STEP 5: Select Option 4 - If You Are Thinking Of Leaving Us
STEP 6: Select Option 2 - If You Are Thinking Of Leaving Us For Any Other Reason

UK Call Centre Times:
Mon - Fri 8am - 9pm
Sat - Sun - 9am - 6pm

Dream-RJ
On our wavelength

ok cool, I will try ring them this week then and see if I can get one 🙂

add your going to leave of they dont sort one as you're had issues with the previous hub for too long now and have even changed the hub for replacement to no avail and that'll give them some motivation but its really about getting a knowledgable agent and to be honest as I've experienced and previously said most are not that knowledgable to haven't received the correct training on what they can do

If I Have Tried To Help You Hope It Helps:
I am fairly knowledgeable about technology in general and will try to help you to the best of my ability.

Sky (Glass) World Customer (TV), Virgin Media Fibre Optic Gig1; Virgin Media Phone Package

Want To Contact Virgin Media's UK Call Centre?
Here's How:
STEP 1: Dial 150 (Virgin Landline) or 0345 454 1111 (Non Virgin Phone)
STEP 2: Option 1 for TV, Broadband or Home Phone

STEP 3: If The Number You Are Calling From Belongs To Your Virgin Media Account Select Option 1 If Not 2 (then enter the Virgin Media Home Number or press # then tap in Virgin Media Account Number
STEP 4: Select Option 4 - To Make Changes To Your Package Or Tell Us You Are Moving
STEP 5: Select Option 4 - If You Are Thinking Of Leaving Us
STEP 6: Select Option 2 - If You Are Thinking Of Leaving Us For Any Other Reason

UK Call Centre Times:
Mon - Fri 8am - 9pm
Sat - Sun - 9am - 6pm

Dream-RJ
On our wavelength

yeah will do 🙂

Dream-RJ
On our wavelength

I just wanted to let you all know, I managed it finally to get a superhub 5....

Basically I got a nice guy in the retentions finally who at first was unable to find a way to get me a hub 5, but long story short it was a pretty lengthy phone call, maybe about 40minutes long.... But there was a lot of back and to, and he kept saying let me try this or let me try that. He then said I could offer you the Ultimate Volt Bundle, but I did not want that because I did not want the extra box and there was no way to cancel the install for the extra box etc I also did not need the new sim card either. But I would have loved to get that bundle at the price he offered it me at which was only £3 more than what I am currently paying.

That would have gave me sky movies/sky sports/netflix all included, which I currently do not get....... So I was kinda sad I was unable to get that bundle without taking out the extra box install and new sim. I wished they made it so you can opt out of certain parts of a bundle..... it really is stupid and silly to be honest with ya.

Anyway so then after that he said but saying that even that would not get me the hub 5 anyway so it was not gonna happen. So then he said let me put you on hold a minute and speak to some colleagues. So a few mins later he came back and said I just spoke to some colleagues and they gave me a special code for the hub 5 but said it might not worth but he would try.

But he then said the only way he could apply the code was if I was adding something or changing my package etc. So he said actually I will just give you exactly the same you have got now and issue a new contract and enter the code for the hub 5 and it worked xD

So happy days.......

I got the hub on Thursday and I already had the cat 7 ethernet cable ready for when I got one anyway. So I tested speed straight away and I now get the maximum speed 1154mbs ish instead of 940mbs.......

So I am happy. I was not happy I had to pay that stupid £35 installation fee again tho but hey at least I got the damn hub 5 now 🙂

So if anyone is also struggling to get one, just do what I did and keep saying but On the community forum people said they was able to get one etc and they said there is a special code you can use to order one for the customer etc 🙂

Take care all 🙂

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dream-RJ

Thank you for taking the time to update the thread. 

We are very happy to hear you have received your new equipment and are enjoying it 🙂 

Please do reach out if we can assist with anything in the future.

Take care, 

Nat

I'm glad for you. Can't beat the Hub5, not only does it always stay up to speed, but I've.had basically no problems with it at all....the couple of cut outs I've had, the box has diagnosed and fixed the problem itself within minuites....very happy with it 😊

I just noticed i now have DOCSIS 3.1 upstream channels, does this mean my area can handle a SH5.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS GT-AX6000 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?

I'm in the same position...had the hub 4 for over a year & I'm gagging to get the hub 5, but when I rang Virgin retentions today, I was told the hub 5 is in trial at the moment only.

I told the person that this is incorrect & can she please speak to someone & recheck, but after 15 minutes on hold, she came back with the same answer!

My hub 4 often loses my personalised wifi settings, meaning many devices around the house can lose functionality without warning, particularly after a router reboot.

I don't fancy calling another 50 times to try & get the one person who has half a tech brain & knows who to call.

I used this link to get my Hub 5. It's brilliant in modem mode..

https://www.virginmedia.com/offers/vsfd05w5446uydfgfhfvbhxc20b5u78cfbxxxashub5

Hub 5 Modem Mode, Asus XT8
My Broadband Ping - Gig1 Modem Mode