cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUPER HUB 5 2022

waqyboy
Tuning in

Anyone had any luck claiming a hub5 in 2022 yet? I know it has bugs but im going to use it in modem mode and connect it to my tp link ax-11000 to get the max speed out of my gig1. Also i know its invite only, but i may have deleted my invite accidentally from my mail box. Anyone from virgin team help?

55 REPLIES 55

@alexwesley1993 wrote:

I'm guessing that you havnt been following this thread AT ALL????? If so, youd know that I HAVE the hub5....which has 2.5gbps ethernet ports, and actually, the WiFi easily gets over 1gbps as I've seen mobile phones get 1.1gbps on WiFi.

.not my own. But the engineer.....

As for MY OWN experience....again as I said, my pc has been downloading at between 1.4/1.5gbps over the past week ..........  And that's not a estimate from the speed test....that's steam actually showing what I'm downloading at ...not only that, with how much mb is being download, it works out to the 1.4/1.5gbps......im not stupid...I do know what I'm talking about pal.....tech has always been my Forte... 

Yes 'pal' I have been following the thread. The below is factually incorrect:

Hiya mate, I've got a hub 5, also, you don't need to have it in modem mode to get the full 1.1gbps out of it....my pc, ps5 AND Xbox series X all get the full 1.1gbps out of it via ethernet cable. Of course the series X is limited on download speeds depending on time and server, but that's a Microsoft limit, not the router/virgin. But my pc and ps5 both download at the full 1.1gbps. . 

PS5 and Xbox Series X devices have 1Gbps ethernet ports, so real world 940Mbps throughput.

Oh and here is a link if you'd like to read up on the technology:

https://www.gigabit-wireless.com/gigabit-wireless/actual-maximum-throughput-gigabit-ethernet/

I couldn't give two **bleep**s what you say pal, I know what my games/updates etc have been downloading at....even in REAL WORLD!!!!!! I don't always look at the Mbps side of things you know....as I know it can sometimes be unreliable.....I look at how much data is actually being downloaded......THAT doesn't lie.....

Also....don't try and tell me what My devices download at pal....just because you cannot consistently download at the top speed, doest mean others cannot.....and I'm not the only only one either..... I know of MANY people that are able to max out their download!!!!

@alexwesley1993 wrote:

I couldn't give two **bleep**s what you say pal, I know what my games/updates etc have been downloading at....even in REAL WORLD!!!!!! I don't always look at the Mbps side of things you know....as I know it can sometimes be unreliable.....I look at how much data is actually being downloaded......THAT doesn't lie.....

Also....don't try and tell me what My devices download at pal....just because you cannot consistently download at the top speed, doest mean others cannot.....and I'm not the only only one either..... I know of MANY people that are able to max out their download!!!!

Yeah so you can download over the max speed of the technology. There is no helping some people.

You go pal with your hub 5!
---------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, you’re not getting more than 940 on a 1Gbe port. Doesn’t happen. Do some reading.

Dream-RJ
On our wavelength

Any news on when I can get my hands on a superhub 5 please?

I have not tried ringing up and asking them to send me one for a few months, so just wondered if they have now made them available? The last time I tried they said they are still not rolled out for general use yet and still in trials?...........

Thanks in advance

RJ

Both the PS5 and Xbox X have wifi 6, so maybe thats hows he gets above the 1Gb speed.

Maybe he was getting carried away by saying it was on ethernet.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS GT-AX6000 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?

This is true.....my pc gets over 1gbps on ethernet as it has a z690 board which has a 2.5gbps port, and the ps5 100% gets JUST over a gig per second....the series X...recently, not so much....more like 750mbps....but thats because Microsoft limit it from their server side......

It's really annoying when people try and tell you what YOUR own devices get even though they've never seen them.....at the end of the day.....ive got absolutely NO reason to say they do if they don't....doesn't earn me **bleep**....

I only told people the numbers I was getting to let people know that the hub5 was WELL worth getting if you can....

I've had absolutely no problems with it either....so....the supposed bugs they working on....I've never encountered them....if anything, it's been more reliable than any other virgin Hun I've seen before....

All people were pointing out is that a 1Gb/s Ethernet port can transmit a maximum of 940Mb/s. That’s just a fact. It’s the throughput limit of the port. End of. 

My Xbox SX regularly reports north of 1000Mb/s and it’s simply incorrect. 

Dream-RJ
On our wavelength

So my post got no response?