cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUPER HUB 4 SLOW SPEED WIRED

msk1525
Joining in

I have Superhub 4 1Gig speed but when I test the speed download its only 130mbs although my pc network adapter can handle 1000mbs.Had the Virgin Engineer come test its delivering 1020mbs up to the ethernet socket where the PC is connected Appreciate any help Thank you.  

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What does a speed test at www.samknows.com/realspeed show ?   If you are getting 1GB to the Hub, then VM are supplying the correct speeds.

If you are running windows, try "Safe Mode with Networking support" and make sure you use a "known good" Cat 6a cable for testing.

For your own records, setup a BQM monitor  www.thinkbroadband.com/ping 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello Adduxi

Thank you for your reply samknows.com/realspeed test Hub4 is delivering 1160mbs download 53mbs Upload speed to computer is 411mbs download and 

53mbs Upload my computer is 3 years old with 1000mbs Network adapter. 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

I find it hard to believe that if you run realspeed at mid night that it shows 1Gb to the hub but not to your device...

test your 1x speed here
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest

check Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level : normal
netsh interface tcp show global

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1647998872672222355

This is the result from thinkbroadband.com and Thank you for your time.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you check the ethernet cable was good and a Cat 6a ?  Did you do the speed test in Safe Mode?  Are you connected directly to the Hub ?

Can you post your power levels, Pre and  PostRS errors and Network log from the Hub.

Did you setup the BQM as described here www.thinkbroadband.com/ping ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @msk1525,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some slow speeds on a wired connection!

Have you taken a look at our Speed Up page to see if this can help? We also recommend checking your cabling to ensure that all cables are secure and screwed in correctly to ensure that it is not impacting your service.

After checking our systems, I can see that your downstream power levels are not looking too great and are currently out of spec. Unfortunately, we're unable to resolve this issue remotely. To have this problem resolved, we would need to arrange for a technician to visit your property. I'll be happy to arrange this. To do so I will send you a Private Message. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs