Menu
voyager2139
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

STILL NOT FIXED

just did a speed test  -  my speed is down by three quarters  -  come on Virgin Media, what the hell are you doing to rectify the fault in west Carlisle?

0 Kudos
jetstorm
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: STILL NOT FIXED

Was told be fixed by 10th dec..

This not Right for price we pay.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ciaran2506
Up to speed
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Whilst it's frustrating for sure it depends on what the fault is as to how long it takes, how much money you pay will have no impact here.

Let's say for instance some utility company was digging to repair a water main and in doing so also cut straight through a VM backhaul fibre link. One VM then have to find out about the fault and arrange visits to it once they do know. They would then need to look into repairing it, which depends on the severity. If it has been completely taken out, it needs a new fibre run putting it. The prep and paperwork for this is no small thing and can take time to sort and arrange, especially as to dig up the road even more to fix they need permission from the council.

Out of interest, did they tell you what the cause of the fault was?

0 Kudos
voyager2139
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

in relation to answering your question, you need to read my posts on the issue.

0 Kudos
voyager2139
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

after first insisting my router was to blame, this happened;

(from an earlier post)

just had an automated phone call from Virgin admitting that it's a network / cabinet issue !  -  they've cancelled my engineer visit on Tuesday!  -  what a joke!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@voyager2139 wrote:

in relation to answering your question, you need to read my posts on the issue.

People tend not to trawl these boards looking for multiple threads by a poster on the same issue.  Keep all of the info in one thread to help people follow the story.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
MrB1
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Three days of dropping out /slow service . West of Carlisle also . No explanation .Ran test says no problem .Clearly is . Any information anybody ?

0 Kudos
voyager2139
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

their online testing is a complete joke!

0 Kudos