cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SH4 in modem mode 1Gbps gives 90Mbs

sandyb1984
On our wavelength

title really, got super hub 4 and upgraded to 1gig internet and getting 90Mbs speeds when I put it in modem mode, Modem mode is required as the WIFI signal doesnt reach my whole house. good service and set up I got (sarcasm)

I use an ASUS GT-AC5300 router set up with AI Mesh which was working fine on my old 350Mbs internet.

54 REPLIES 54

No pattern at all, mine even crashes when nobody home. 
I have no need for phone or pods, so also just do not seem to understand why a h5 cannot be tried to see if it solves the problem.

I really now wish I never upgraded from a perfect and stable 500 service

Hello johndm,

Sorry this is happening to you 

I can if you wish arrange for an Technician to attend to see what we can do 

Let me know if you wish to get this booked in

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

Been chatting to another of the team on this and I did post an update on a new thread yesterday.

Already had engineer swap my hub 4, but he said all was fine and that he is encountering issues with the hub 4 with other customers.

He suggested he could bring me a hub5 to try if I could speak to the right person, but I come up with the same brick wall in that it’s special invite only.

In the meantime I’ve swapped Ethernet cable between hub and my router to an enterprise quality cat 8 and the speed seems stable so far

aj7642
On our wavelength

Honestly I've just spent half an hour reading through this forum and I am absolutely dumbfounded at how many people are having their time wasted performing pointless troubleshooting for an issue that is very clearly a firmware issue. Or being told there are no reported issues relating to this. 

My Hub 4, in modem mode, has been providing a 1Gbps link for months. All of a sudden, it is now only able to connect to the rest of my network at 100mbps, until restarting or plugging or unplugging cables. This forum is filled with people reporting the same issue, so I am sorry, I do not believe every single ethernet cable I own has become defective at the same time as a number of other customers by coincidence. Nor have all the gigabit-capable technology devices in my house suddenly failed in unison. 

As a customer that is paying for a 350mbit service and only able to access speeds of 100mbit with the Virgin-supplied equipment, I would like to know when this CLEAR issue with a firmware update will be resolved. Unless I am living in the twilight zone, I have no idea how this issue can be allowed to continue for well over a month with no admission of the software problem.

I hate to be curt but honestly I'm not interested in wasting my time with entirely irrelevant troubleshooting. I just want to know when this will be fixed or how it can be resolved. This is not a broadband issue. This is not a cabling issue. This is not an issue with any of my hardware. This is a problem with the Hub4 firmware. You broke it, you fix it. And I'll be monitoring the issue now I've spotted it, for the pro-rated refund I will be insisting upon. 

Thanks from planet earth,
AJ

P.S. Forum team I am sorry please do not take this personally, the frustration is not directed at you. 

Hi @aj7642,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear you've been experiencing some issues with your connection, and that you feel this is firmware related. Can you clarify what troubleshooting and diagnostics you've performed thus far in an effort to try and remedy your connection problems?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!