cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router overheating

PantsMoustache
Tuning in

My speed will not hit over 80mbps even though I'm on 500mbps. My router has a constant red light on even though all vents are clear and router in out in the open. 

6 REPLIES 6

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @PantsMoustache,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums.

We need to get this looked into straight away for you, I will need to book an engineer visit to have your hub replaced, I can do this from here but we would need to confirm a few details via private message.

I will send the message over in a moment, please look out for it and we can get this booked in.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @PantsMoustache.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about this on your online account by clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi, today the router is ok, no red light (back to white/yellow) and speeds have returned to normal. 

Thanks for coming back to me @PantsMoustache.

Would you monitor this for the next 24 hours and if you have no further issues, please let me know and we can get the technician appointment cancelled.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi, I have had the router replaced and it no longer overheats, but it looks like I am locked on 200Mbps now, can you look at this for me please?

Hi @PantsMoustache

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

What device are you testing the speed on?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs