Menu
Rhaom
Joining in
Message 11 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router needs reseting every 24 hours

This is everything I can post as the downstream tab wont actually load Smiley Sad

networklog.PNGstatus.PNGupstream.PNG

General Configuration

Network access
Allowed
Maximum Number of CPEs
Baseline Privacy
Enabled
DOCSIS Mode
Docsis30
Config file
cmreg-vmdg505-rtsl10016u-b.cm

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID170352
Max Traffic Rate115000000
Max Traffic Burst10000
Min Traffic Rate0

Primary Upstream Service Flow

SFID170351
Max Traffic Rate6320000
Max Traffic Burst16320
Min Traffic Rate0
Max Concatenated Burst16320
Scheduling TypeBestEffort
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 12 of 22
Flag for a moderator

you need to keep trying the downstream to get levels - other levels are ok although only 2 upstream may be correct or that could indicate problems with the line - 4 is more normal but not all areas have 4 afaik

Tony
0 Kudos
Rhaom
Joining in
Message 13 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Out of interest it seems this post : https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/router-downstream-not-showing-on-router-sta...

Is exactly the same issue I am having, and it was resolved by an engineer doing something in their cabinet in the area.

I will go and pinhole reset now and see if the downstream status works
0 Kudos
Rhaom
Joining in
Message 14 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Even pin reseting makes no difference, the downstream status just wont load, it just sits there spinning.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 15 of 22
Flag for a moderator

hmmmm - dont know - have never seen this before - read the posts in your link and it certainly describes that part of your problem - you could ring - not sure offshore will get far - they might book a tech - you could try retentions who if you get the right people will be UK based but they may just pass you on

or you can wait here for VM to pick the thread up - hopefully they can see your levels on the downstream and react - they can take a week or so to get to threads

retentions if you want to give them a go

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
Rhaom
Joining in
Message 16 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I have already had an engineer come out and put an amplifier in and brand new cabling, but I have another engineer booked to come out on Monday as this made no difference either.

I am assuming there is something going wrong at the cabinet / with the external cabling.

Hopefully they can fix the problem and if not them, then maybe someone here will pick it up.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 17 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@Rhaom wrote:

Even pin reseting makes no difference, the downstream status just wont load, it just sits there spinning.

A long shot.  Try a restart of the pc/laptop and try a different browser.  I have "occasionally" had to use a different browser to get in (might have been a cache issue).

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Rising star
Message 18 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@Rhaom wrote:

I would understand this if it was once or twice, but every 24 hours for 3 weeks?

I don't think thats feasible

Well no it's faulty so call and get it replaced - it's their kit afterall!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 19 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@happywithmy350 wrote:

@Rhaom wrote:

I would understand this if it was once or twice, but every 24 hours for 3 weeks?

I don't think thats feasible

Well no it's faulty so call and get it replaced - it's their kit afterall!

why do think its faulty - there is a fault thats obvious but it can be other things than the hub

Tony
0 Kudos
Rhaom
Joining in
Message 20 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Not a caching issue, I've tried on my PC with both Firefox and Edge, on my laptop with Chrome and Firefox and on my phone with Firefox and it wont load in any of them
0 Kudos