cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Upgrade

taylorjst405
Joining in

I have recently changed my account to 200mbs download speed. I have asked for a router upgrade to support this.  All was agreed, BUT, I received no Router.

Called again for 45 mins and they have no details of anything to do with a router.

It has now been about 6 weeks of poor speed and connectivity

Is there anyone who knows a good contact or way of sorting this??

9 REPLIES 9

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

what hub have you got now - the SH2 and 2ac fully support 200 you only need a 3 for more than that - upgrading the hub is unlikly to improve speeds so give some details how are you testing wired or wifi - always test wired and post some info

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @taylorjst405,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the delay with your new Hub.

Can you confirm what Hub you have at the moment?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Super Hub 2

the SH2 supports 200 - as far as i remember it had 2.4 wifi only - the SH2ac had both 2.4 and 5 - so if its the SH2 and you use wifi an upgrade is worth while - if its a 2ac and it works for you then upgrading to a hub3 is not needed for the speed

Tony.
Sacked VIP

We had a SH2 with VM's 200 down service for years and usually achieved max speed on the 5 GHz band. However, I never used it in router mode, only modem mode with my own router.

SH2 modem mode | AC86U router | AC68U node

Thanks for coming back to us @taylorjst405, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to take some details via a private message to be able to do so.

Please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

You're very welcome @taylorjst405 and I'm glad that we could get your hub update arranged.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L

Many Thanks

What platform for the private message

john

Hi John,

You'll be able to find Steve's message over at the purple envelope at the top right-hand corner of your screen.

Kind regards

Beth