cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review my speeds + router status

ItsMyVMService
Tuning in

Hi,

Can I get an opinion on my speeds and router status? For reference my broadband package is: M500 Fibre Broadband.

This was fine until O2 moved me into Volt, I'm now below 300mbps previously on 300Mbps I was getting 340-400Mbps down, O2 moved me to 500 and I now struggle to get 300.

My router gets about 40-70c operating temperature (the room is around 18-19c)

Speedtests:
In-game latency 40-120ms.

Spoiler
vmspeeds.png

Is this all okay/good? VM was meant to do work outside due to a faulty cable about 2 years ago but never carried it out (did turn up in a van but didn't get out - rain put the engineer off? Who knows).

--------------------------------------------------
Virgin Media Gig1 w/ Super Hub 5

My Broadband Ping - Home Broadband Connection
71 REPLIES 71

For ref this is what it was previously:
https://cdn.upload2.us/2022/01/08/3db87cc85c5ac028548809533c195e09.png (across wired + wifi)

Give it a day to gather some data mate.

Something doesn't look right with the BQM mate. Looks to be a line problem.

Have you Checked service status and also called 0800 561 0061 for the most up to date faults information in your area?

In failing that you could ring Virgin on or just after 8am on 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a Virgin landline, alternatively you can wait here for a Virgin staff member to pick it up, but unfortunately this will typically be between 3-7 days, sometimes sooner, sometimes later depending on how busy they are. If you decide to call it in it will run through a few automated options and after that ring back again and it should recognise that you have rang previously and then put you in the queue for a Virgin representative.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - BT Full Fibre 900

Thanks for the reply @conman33158 - I've just spoke to them they're informing me there is connectivity issues with my line and will be sending me 1x Intelligent Pod? For a wired issue (confused). I can't even watch Twitch in 720p60 lol.

No faults on the service status page (other than a listed TV fault).

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_7.png

Screenshot_8.png

Some more stat info over the last 24 hrs / 7 days.

I would ring back mate, no amount of pods is going sort out that BQM.

BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup

.......although it might be best to hang around for a VM rep to come along and they can see the BQM for themselves 🙂

Hi @ItsMyVMService

Thanks for getting back to me an confirming your details via PM.  I have booked the first available tech to attend your property.  You can view and amend the appointment here.

Regards

Lee

Hi @Lee_R,

They've been and gone - so far so good. He did notice heavy corrosion in the box outside down the hole and that's been booked in for someone to replace at some point today (as that's not something they deal with).

I've updated my thinkbroadband BQM to the newer IP (it changed) so ignore the red between 9 and 10am today (13th) while work was being carried out.

I'll monitor my service over the next few days..

If anyone has a ASUS router feel free to suggest some of the best settings/config for VirginMedia ISP 🙂

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ItsMyVMService wrote:
<snip> If anyone has a ASUS router feel free to suggest some of the best settings/config for VirginMedia ISP 🙂

I've had 2 ASUS Routers and apart from installing Merlin firmware, I didn't change anything for the WAN connection.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks