cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverting to my old package

Pat_Boylan
Joining in

I was 'encouraged' to change my package to a Volt 100 package, despite the fact I was quite happy with the package I already had.

My mobile phone is still with giffgaff, and that suits me fine

Trying to get through to Virgin Media to revert my package is proving impossible

My internet is giving real problems and, despite getting a new router, it shows no sign of improvement

All I want is my reliable internet back as it is vital I keep in contact with my son in Australia

Can you please suggest how I revert to my old package, it is now 10 days since this happened, and i don't want to have to pay to complete this process

11 REPLIES 11

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The bundle you are on has nothing to do with your broadband problem.

I suggest you raise this in the broadband section of the forum, giving as much detail as possible.

Reverting to your previous bundle will not solve the issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Pat_Boylan,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've been having some issue with your connection since the package change. As Ernie_C has advised the package change/ reverting back to any previous bundle would be unrelated to any connection problems.

I've had a look at things from our side, and can see that we have identified a short-term connectivity problem which may cause intermittent or performance related issues. 

In the vast majority of cases, these types of issues are resolved within 24 hours. 

If you can please monitor the connection and let us know how things are after this time frame.

Alex_Rm

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ernie_C wrote:

I suggest you raise this in the broadband section of the forum, giving as much detail as possible.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/bd-p/Speed 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hello

Thank you for your response

My daughter and son-in-law are trying to help me as they are far more IT savvy than I am

I have asked them for their assistance, they have written the information below

the network card is speaking to the router ok, there is no issue there
the router can ping ok, and is active
the connection comes on very briefly when you first switch on the pc and then rapidly drops connection on both wireless and ethernet connections
there is a constant orange light on the superhub 3.  you very kindly provided us with a new hub - the superhub 3, and that hasn't alleviated the problem, in fact its now worse
the wifi booster helps a little bit, however the problem is with holding the internet connection to the outside world.  everything in the house is working fine 

this issue has been ongoing for at least 2 to 3 weeks, and my internet connection is a lifeline for me, as it's the only way to keep in contact with my son and his family in australis

Hello

Thank you for your response

My daughter and son-in-law are trying to help me as they are far more IT savvy than I am

the connection comes on very briefly when you first switch on the pc and then rapidly drops connection on both wireless and ethernet connections
there is a constant orange light on the superhub 3.  you very kindly provided us with a new hub - the superhub 3, and that hasn't alleviated the problem, in fact its now worse
the wifi booster helps a little bit, however the problem is with holding the internet connection to the outside world.  everything in the house is working fine 

this issue has been ongoing for at least 2 to 3 weeks, and my internet connection is a lifeline for me, as it's the only way to keep in contact with my son and his family in australia

Pat_Boylan
Joining in

I was 'encouraged' to change my package to a Volt 100 package, despite the fact I was quite happy with the package I already had.

My mobile phone is still with giffgaff, and that suits me fine

Trying to get through to Virgin Media to revert my package is proving impossible

My internet is giving real problems and, despite getting a new router, it shows no sign of improvement

All I want is my reliable internet back as it is vital I keep in contact with my son in Australia

Can you please suggest how I revert to my old package, it is now 10 days since this happened, and i don't want to have to pay to complete this process

this issue has been ongoing for at least 2 to 3 weeks, and my internet connection is a lifeline for me, as it's the only way to keep in contact with my son and his family in australia

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page http://www.virginmedia.com/servicechecker

VM will not dispatch any technicians when an area fault exists.

If no faults found:

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait a day or two for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks for your assistance

However, the longer it takes the more likely it will be I will be outside the cooldown period and will be charged for a package I don't want

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As mentioned by Ernie earlier in the thread, your service issues will have nothing to do with the package you've requested.

If you don't want the package change that's been offered, then use the 14day cancellation period to revert to your previous one.

Your package will have no bearing on the service issues for which help is being offered here.