cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote reboot required

KingMing
On our wavelength

Hi virgin media,

I am abroad currently. I have remoted in to my mesh router and run some speed tests. Repeatedly getting 40+ mbps on a 200 mbps connection.

Please can you assist in performing a remote power cycle as I am unable to do this. Many thanks. 

Account number: [REMOVED]

Area reference: 12

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

KingMing
On our wavelength

Four days later you come on here to reply? I’m already home now and I’ve already power cycled the router myself. So this forum service is about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
A reboot should not fix this.
---------------------------------------------------------------

KingMing
On our wavelength

Virgin media can come on the thread to edit the account number out but cannot offer assistance?

Hi @KingMing, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that internet is having slower speeds than advertised.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

KingMing
On our wavelength

Four days later you come on here to reply? I’m already home now and I’ve already power cycled the router myself. So this forum service is about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

@KingMing wrote:

Maybe you should read what this 'Community' forum is for.

It's not a direct line to Virgin Media.

Maybe you don’t know, but the virgin website actually directs you to this facility in order to get help from virgin media.

@KingMing wrote:

Maybe you don’t know, but the virgin website actually directs you to this facility in order to get help from virgin media.

But no-where states an immediate response.

If you want instant help you should contact VM by phone.

You are essentially complaining about a service that isn't meant to be an instant response!

I’m not going to do that when I’m outside the UK, am I. Do you think four days is an acceptable response time? if you do, you’re part of the problem.

@KingMing wrote:

I’m not going to do that when I’m outside the UK, am I. Do you think four days is an acceptable response time? if you do, you’re part of the problem.

Yes, as it isn't a direct line of communication.

The VM guys that respond on here also have to deal with all the 'complaints' on Twitter, Facebook etc. so no wonder it takes a while for a response.

Maybe use the online chat facility next time.