Regularly half speed

GazzzaG1
Joining in

My 200mbs line is only running at 112mbs

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How are you testing?  Wired or wireless?  VM do not guarantee wifi speeds, only a direct wired connection to the Hub with a gigabit capable device.

Also try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

While I appreciate speed isn’t  guaranteed I pay for 200mbs but only been getting 85-140 so that’s more than a bit slower. When I check for faults I use a lab cable to eliminate wireless dropout and I also use an average speed taken over a two hour  our or more period with a minimum of 10 tests using Speedtest.net. I also use online checker for faults all done after rebooting my rooter, checking my cables and using routers browser interface so see if all settings are ok and if it’s identified any reason for problems and after all the above has been carried out I ring VM up informing them of my results so we can quickly get down to fault finding, which we did and they found a problem with my hardware that needs their engineer to repair

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi GazzzaG1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community.

I'm sorry to hear your speeds are not what they should be. 

I can see since posting you have spoken to the team and they have arranged for an engineer visit. 

Please pop back and let us know how the visit goes. 

If you have any further issues, you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @GazzzaG1,

Just checking in to see how the visit went?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs